UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#36839  by muddytalker

This unknown slingshot appeared at Shakespeare County's Public Track Day last Sunday. Unfortunately the driver, Mike Oats didn't really give us the full spec on the car on his commentary sheet. All we know is that its powered by a sbc methanol motor and that's it. I'm guessing that from the numbers (CC3987) that he's racing under the Power Tour UK banner or the UKV8 Forum but I could be wrong. Mike only ran the dragster once to the tune of 9.333 @ 139.99 mph. Anyone else know anything about this dragster!

There was another slingshot dragster I hadn't seen before at the raceway with aluminium body panels but the driver didn't run the car until the very last run down the track. Did anyone else get a shot of it? The cars owned by Londoner Paul Wakley.
CC3987.jpg
CC3987.jpg (98.43 KiB) Viewed 8168 times
CC3987 1.jpg
CC3987 1.jpg (134.67 KiB) Viewed 8168 times
CC3987 2.jpg
CC3987 2.jpg (93.8 KiB) Viewed 8168 times
Photos courtesy of Steve Weston
 #36846  by timetravel

Actually the more I look at it, it could be my old Bob Nixon chassis with a couple of extra bars at the back...
 #36850  by timetravel

eraider wrote:Right on Nick, or could be the missing chassis.
If you mean the Purple Haze chassis I don't think it's that one as that had the steering on the other side and more holes in the I-beam... Also I can see the brackets on the back to where the Topolino body attached when I had it... 8)
 #36852  by muddytalker

This just in from Paul Wakely...

"It's an old frame Bob Nixon built, the sister car to the one Adam Sayers had on the front of Custom Car a few years ago. Nick Pettitt had it, then Ron Roper ran it as High Fever 2 with a red oxide Topo body on it Comp Coupe style. I bought it as a chassis about 7 years ago off eBay, and have struggled with building the engine, sorting out the injection and the mag, and got distracted by other projects, but was determined to get it finished for the Nostalgia Nats (and failed!) but hopefully can make the Hot Rod Drags."
 #36857  by timetravel

It had a tube axle when that pic was taken John... a couple of years later I had Graham Varmer fit the Model Y I-beam 'n' hairpins which it has now...
001.jpg
001.jpg (263.74 KiB) Viewed 8059 times