IMG_7516 resize.jpg
IMG_7516 resize.jpg (199.72 KiB) Viewed 8755 times
IMG_7525 resize.jpg
IMG_7525 resize.jpg (238.67 KiB) Viewed 8755 times
IMG_7501 resize.jpg
IMG_7501 resize.jpg (356.74 KiB) Viewed 8755 times
resize 1.jpg
resize 1.jpg (268.03 KiB) Viewed 8755 times
As many of you know we searched for Stripduster for ages but never have found the original, but youngest brother Simon decided it was better to build a replica as the original has been changed so much, she was no longer recognisable as Stripduster :lol:

So at Dragstalgia 2014 this weekend Stripduster was revealed and what a superb job Simon Bull has done, it's absolutely perfect. Obviously caused a huge amount of interest, King Harold himself said that she is better than the original! So many people wanted to shake his hand and have a chat, he loved every minute, what a legend!!
 #36797  by ukdrn

The car looked stunning and I went many times to see it and it's always a pleasure seeing Harold there.
Did he have plans of the original or was it built from memory?
 #36800  by jaytee

an amazing recreation of an iconic car, I was talking to Simon and said he should've built the twin engine version and he said it was talked about, like Jon I went back a few times during the meeting to study the car
 #36801  by Harry's Girl

No plans as far as I know, Simon was working from old photos most of the time!! Dads memory was stretched at times too bless him, but the result is amazing :D
 #36803  by muddytalker

If all goes according to plan we'll be seeing Stripduster at Shakey for the Hot Rod Drags in September along with a few other period cars.

It was indeed a pleasure to speak with Harold who like many dragster racers from times gone by had many a race with the king; my father Gerry Cookson being one of them. I know that dad will be pleased to see Stripduster at Shakey. Dad would be more than pleased to know of the exact where about's of the last Joker Dragster as we believe its back in the West Midlands in the Black Country somewhere being restored or so I was told!
 #36830  by Stu Bradbury

What a sight to see "King" Harold climb back into the drivers seat at 90 years young.

Harold had a brilliant time and was overwhelmed on occasions with the amount of people who came to say hello and comment on this iconic and amassing little slingshot Dragster.

"Stripduster" was the first Dragster to make a timed run down the famous Santa Pod quarter mile April 1966.
 #36889  by quicksilver

It`s nice to see new/old dragsters returning . When I was building (in the early 1970s) my first dragster Quicksilver Harold was selling scale drawings of Stripduster`s chassis which I still have hidden in the depths of my loft.