UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#36749  by herb andrews

Good to read that the surprise is now out. When I originally read the headline on Eurodragster, 'Stripduster rturns' I thought for a nano second that the original car, like Bob Keith's 'Dos Palmas' recent find, had surfaced.

Is there any video of the race with Commuter? TT?
 #36750  by timetravel

herb andrews wrote:
Is there any video of the race with Commuter? TT?
yes I'm working with some cine film at the mo' for a new TT dvd and it has that race on it :D
 #36777  by taylov

After a gap of 38 years, I finally returned to the Pod yesterday - (last time was the Garlits meet in 1976). Great day's racing. Amazed to see old friends still racing in 2014. Thought I would share these 2 snaps taken after the American Fuel Altereds had run at lunchtime.
020.JPG
020.JPG (1.12 MiB) Viewed 19023 times
021.JPG
021.JPG (991.28 KiB) Viewed 19023 times
 #36788  by ukdrn

taylov wrote:After a gap of 38 years, I finally returned to the Pod yesterday - (last time was the Garlits meet in 1976). Great day's racing. Amazed to see old friends still racing in 2014. Thought I would share these 2 snaps taken after the American Fuel Altereds had run at lunchtime.
020.JPG
021.JPG
Good to hear you went back.
I spoke to quite a few forum members who returned to the track for this event.
 #36790  by ukdrn

dorrisdormouse wrote:Onboard slow mo of my fireburnout. Dont forget to play in 720p HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCN7n-hfriE
Very cool video Dave and I'm please the car is starting to run well.
 #36791  by ukdrn

Absolutely exhausted and sadly back to reality today but still buzzing from an amazing weekend at dragstalgia at Santa Pod.

Too many racing highlights to list right now and of course the emotional flypast will make this meeting one to be remembered.

A proper drag racing show for the knowledgeably crowd that in return showed there appreciation by providing a great atmosphere to the event all weekend.

Well done to James Forster and Santa Pod Raceway for hosting and arranging the event everyone else who made it possible including the fantastic racers who put on a wicked show for us all.

A very special thanks must go to Stu Bradbury and the guys at US Automotive for bringing us those amazing Fuel Altereds.

Other people I would like to personally thank are SuZe Scööbz Morris for looking after me and to the other photographers for their good company.

Finally hi to the ukdrn.co.uk forum members I got to meet for the first time because after years of talking about this stuff we're finally getting to see it.

I'll try to get some pictures up soon but there's loads of cracking shots around the net anyway.

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be, its better
 #36792  by Stu Bradbury

We had a small problem with Rich Guasco. This 78 year old veteran drag racer overworked himself so much trying to put a show on for the fans we had to call the Paramedic's. They insisted he went to the medical centre because they were very worried about him. Eventually he was persuaded he needed a check over, but not for long, Rich insisted he be driven back to Pure Hell as he needed to check the plug's and take some more readings before going to hospital. What a guy, what a drag racer, putting the fans, crew and car before his personal problems.
 #36794  by Barngt

Not long back and Wow what a show great stuff , thanks to all :D
 #36795  by taylov

ukdrn wrote:
taylov wrote:After a gap of 38 years, I finally returned to the Pod yesterday - (last time was the Garlits meet in 1976). Great day's racing. Amazed to see old friends still racing in 2014. Thought I would share these 2 snaps taken after the American Fuel Altereds had run at lunchtime.

Good to hear you went back.
I spoke to quite a few forum members who returned to the track for this event.

Got a bit lost going north until I realised that the old "A6" had been re-numbered south of Luton in the last 38 years. Lots more villages by-passed over the years but happy to see the old water tower still there as the marker to turn off for Podington.

We liked the 2014 version of Santa Pod, despite the longer walk (well, it seemed longer) from the car park; glad to see the old toilets (death to all that enter) had long gone; and the stand on the pits side was great place to take photos- even with my 6 year-old Nikon Cool-Pix, although, being England, a roof would be welcome.

Can't resist adding a couple more snaps from Nostalgia/FC - cars that I'd only seen in print before.
009.JPG
009.JPG (1.29 MiB) Viewed 20101 times
007.JPG
007.JPG (1.06 MiB) Viewed 20101 times