UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#4652  by muddytalker

Arr, so that's why I saw the chassis and body panels on the back of a flat bed pick-up in the camp field at the Hot Rod Drags then. That's a real shame Gary but with the sudden interest in Funny Cars in the UK and Europe on the horizon then I'm not surprised.
 #4708  by andy fadster

I know that the john whitmore dragonfly in its final incarnation did 7.8 at the Pod and held the MD record for a few years. Hoping to achieve an eight next year with the slingshot I intend to debut.

In a well known chassis, with the dragonfly engine and alky set up it should be quick, I hope
 #6900  by fester

Had to reopen this thread as alec coe turned up today with john hall,alec reckons his car will run under the 8 second barrier at the supercharged outlaw meeting at the end of may hope he does.jon bests nitro slingshot will also debut at the same meet.At no stage this morning was alec drunk,although rereading this shows that the old git is hurtling towards yet another birthday :lol:
 #6902  by fester

just read the post from andy foster ,is the car a slingshot youve built also did you buy the car from john whitmore?A couple of years ago on the radio a Sir john whitmore was talking about motor sport do you think its the same one?Also as akid ihelped john whitmore put a piston on a rod,,i held the oxy acetaline gun,he said he had made by hand the fuel injection and the auto box,make of that what you want :shock: what i want to know is ,,,,,does your car have all those bits ,,,,,,,oh yes almost forgot good luck aiming for a 7.99
 #14112  by timetravel

well done Alec and team for getting the Shy Talker slingshot into the 7's at the Hot Rod Drags last Sunday, that's 8 British built slingshots under 8 secs now, who's gonna be #9? :D
 #14136  by jonmental

Well done Alec and the rest of the team, I know what it meant for you to join the Seven second club. The car looked awesome on launch with plenty of wrinkle on the slicks. How long do you think it will take for you to get up to the next level......Six seconds. :D
Very pleased that you told me the car went straight as a string. It really is the best looking digger out there at the moment. :D
Mr Mental
 #14185  by Old Git

Cheers Guys, was great fun and there is some more there yet.

Of the 8 cars, how many were running nitro and how many methanol?

If anyone has any videos of Tom's drive on Sunday approx 3:30 would be greatly appreciated.
PAD_1033.JPG
PAD_1033.JPG (109.32 KiB) Viewed 11545 times
Thanks to Peter Donaldson for the burnout wheels up.