UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#3768  by Old Git

I am going to Shakey this weekend July14/15 and am more determined to run a 7 after seeing this thread.
Would be nice to be on such a short list.
Could be good publicity for Fester and Mental as they built it.

Message for Mark Gredenski;
this weekend for your chance to fire it up, shame about the last meeting, I couldn't afford to throw away £300 to turn up and get wet.

Need a sponsor and then I would try for a 6. beg beg
 #3780  by jonmental

Hi Herb

We ran a best of 6.92@183mph and that was with the blower belt coming off at 1000ft.

We had problem after problem because we really were running on a shoestring budget.

We ran 7.5@187 at the pod with 20 degrees in the mag after we forgot to put the correct timing in after we warmed it up.

The engine had lots more potential, and if we could have afforded a decent set of heads we woul have ran consistent 6.70s, and I think Bill will back me up on this one. We still have the tune up and if I can get some money together I will build another nitro small block fuel car just to put the cat amongst the pigeons.
 #3781  by fester

hi ,the 7.50 was actually run with only 12 in the mag, my fault entirely as i forgot to put the timing back in after warming it up it was so cold it wouldnt even start on the squeezy bottle,and yes there was nooooo budget at all ,think about it 6,92 .........60 in the tank 85 in the barrel valve 35 in the mag[any more timing and the heads started to self destruct] needed 50 really in the mag really,stock bore stock stroke 600 dollar crank dont ask me how many pusher bearings we put in[8 per run acctually] good driver and 1000 foot pass 6,92 i wish we had access to more money. by skint i mean 20 quid was a problem.
 #3782  by jonmental

I will tell you how skint we were

Bill and myself used to tear the car down on the friday before each meeting that we were attending and after working for hours in bare feet, we decided to paint our feet black so when we turned up at the track it looked like we actually had shoes.
 #3783  by fester

we only had one pair of pants between us jon was monday to thursday i used them [inside out of course] friday morning to sunday evening.......i also made atshirt that read ..will work for food.
 #3791  by fester

bit dissapointed here alec ,you told me that you couldnt afford crack cocain any more. what on earth are you on about oh yeah just sussed it out ..you run on that methalblob stuff....any way that was your old goat and when you gave it to us it half worn out