UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#14191  by timetravel

Old Git wrote:Cheers Guys, was great fun and there is some more there yet.

Of the 8 cars, how many were running nitro and how many methanol?

They were all Nitro burners except Hemi Hunter which got down to low 7's on Methanol and Norm's Plan X which ran 6.85 on Methanol.
So your next goal is 6.84 or quicker to become the quickest British Built Methanol Slingshot :shock:
 #14212  by Old Git

timetravel wrote:
Old Git wrote:Cheers Guys, was great fun and there is some more there yet.

Of the 8 cars, how many were running nitro and how many methanol?

They were all Nitro burners except Hemi Hunter which got down to low 7's on Methanol and Norm's Plan X which ran 6.85 on Methanol.
So your next goal is 6.84 or quicker to become the quickest British Built Methanol Slingshot :shock:

Cheers Mate, very tall order but will keep chipping away.
Alec
 #37973  by dorrisdormouse

Ive been following the other FEDs with bated breath over the past 5 years lol. Alec was the last british built one on here. Vic Hammonds speed demon / Bob Hawkins Time Traveller 2 is a US car that has run a 7. Bob did run a 7 though in the Ex Classy Chassis car which is british built. Norms Two Much also ran into the 7's, so I think im actually the 11th to run a 7, and 5th fastest british built alcohol slingshot ever.
 #37975  by ukdrn

Well done on the 7 Dave.
Looking through some threads I think you correct in thinking your the 11th person to run a 7 in a British built slingshot.
 #38050  by bill426

Pretty sure that alec coe ran 7'50s in the slingshot that johhny hall and i built when he was racing ,i know he kept a log of every run ,at least 200runs ,his car was asteel chassis ,so a 7'50tag was all it had ,and of course it was a small block and shorty glide on methanol
 #39418  by jai_ford

IMG_0891.JPG
IMG_0891.JPG (1.23 MiB) Viewed 10610 times
Time to update these threads a little in the last couple of years we've had
Jon Webster in the 7's
Joe bond in the 6's and this weekend
Roy Wilding in the 7's
IMG_0602.JPG
IMG_0602.JPG (277.24 KiB) Viewed 10610 times
Attachments
IMG_1745.JPG
IMG_1745.JPG (838.21 KiB) Viewed 10610 times