UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#33628  by ukdrn
 Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:25 pm
Will this years Hall Of Fame inductees be announced at this meeting?
 #33635  by ukdrn
 Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:14 pm
crazyhorses wrote:That's the plan Jon.
Thanks Brian.
 #33694  by ukdrn
 Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:59 pm
This has all the makings of of a very big UK nostalgia event here at Santa Pod, could even be the biggest nostalgia event held yet outside the US.

The pits are filling up very quickly and I've already seen plenty of cars that aren't on the entry list.
I think it's going to be really busy weekend and of course the scorching hot weather will also bring people out.
If you coming make sure you bring the sun cream

I might add some pictures tomorrow but it depends on what time the actions finishes.

I see through the window of a marquee the Stardust funny car body is on show and it looks like the newly blasted chassis has also finally made an appearance so hopefully things might be moving on this fantastic car. 8)

Today was also a peak performance day and a few of the dragstalgia racers made a few runs including Ramon in the funny car who laid down a very easy on and off 7.3
SPR-DRAG-S-800-02.jpg
1980's legendary female racer Jean Tidswell is driving son Spencer's car this weekend.
She tells me that she's really looking forward to driving the car and plans to start out steady but once she learns where everything we will see what happens :wink:
SPR-DRAG-S-800-07.jpg
Without question the most interesting car here this weekend is the Alleygator/Gladiator tribute car from John Knight.
John's been working flat out to get the car ready for the event and really wanted to do something different and something that was a tribute to the great man.
Very clever John.
SPR-DRAG-S-800-04.jpg
SPR-DRAG-S-800-13.jpg
SPR-DRAG-S-800-05.jpg
Ian Kerr has painted his whole car as a "spirt of drag racing" car and features a nice tribute to Mr Big and KC on the boot.
SPR-DRAG-S-800-08.jpg
SPR-DRAG-S-800-09.jpg
Doc Stinger and crew prepare the funny
SPR-DRAG-S-800-14.jpg
Some other general shots
SPR-DRAG-S-800-03.jpg
SPR-DRAG-S-800-10.jpg
SPR-DRAG-S-800-11.jpg
SPR-DRAG-S-800-06.jpg
SPR-DRAG-S-800-12.jpg
SPR-DRAG-S-800-01.jpg
SPR-DRAG-S-800-15.jpg
 #33699  by jaytee
 Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:29 am
thanks for the update Jon, any more info on the John Knight car, nice body and paint but not sure about the front end complete with rear view mirrors
 #33702  by taylov
 Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:45 pm
All being well, tomorrow will be my first visit to the Pod since 1975 - guess there's been a few changes - especially to the Toilets :lol: I hope.

Tony
 #33708  by ukdrn
 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:11 pm
Back at work and absolutely exhausted after Dragstalgia but yeah it was well worth,what a blast!

Huge thanks’ must go to the racers who put on an amazing show. There were many highlights for myself and I even had a few flashback moments were I could have been back at the Pod as a teenager in early 1970’s. I will try and pick out some of my personal favourites when I get the energy to look through my photographs and update the website.

Hi to everyone I meet for the first time and to the ukdrn.co.uk supporters that I have spoken to at the various tracks for 25 years or so who didn’t even know I ran the website until I mentioned it at the weekend.

Thanks to the other trackside photographers for the laughs/drinks and tears and a special thanks to Julian Hunt for lending me some equipment.

Well done to James and Santa Pod for putting on such a great show and the Santa Pod marshals who worked so hard and professionally in extreme weather conditions all weekend 8)

Thanks to Barry Bohannon for the lonesome plug of the website on Nitro FM :wink:

Finally for me personally it’s hugely rewarding after 17 years of running this website to see how the current UK Drag Racing Nostalgia scene has grown. I guess there are many factors to why it’s become so popular but I would like to think that ukdrn.co.uk has played a major part in it all.
Of course this website just wouldn't work without everyone who has supported and contributed to it since it’s birth so just for once and because we deserve it I would like to give “OUR” website a big pat on the back.
Well done everyone and bring on the Hot Rod Drags :)
 #33709  by dorset horn
 Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:15 pm
Good to see you there Jon, I'm sure you're right that UKDRN has played a big part in the growth of Nostalgia racing. Thanks for all your time and effort.
 #33710  by ukdrn
 Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:41 pm
I forgot to thank Syd for one of his legendary burgers, fantastic Syd. :)