UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#30261  by crazyhorses

Also I should post Matt Woods amazing pic of thye Allard Chrysler taken in the night of July 14th at Dragstalgia. Best pic of the car yet I think.
Attachments
Allard at night Matt Woods.jpg
Allard at night Matt Woods.jpg (22.22 KiB) Viewed 7547 times
 #30264  by PeterWalters

Stormin Norm wrote:Keith .
That is a superb picture!! Can i get a hi res one for the workshop wall?? Its great that you appreciate what we are trying to do with this car......

Norm.
Great burnouts Norm, and congrats on the 7.4!........Now, whens my turn??!
 #30265  by ukdrn

I couldn't hear if anything was said when he ran but somebody I think that may have gone under the radar on Saturday was Ian Domaine in his Zodiac, Ian raced the very same car at Santa Pod in the 1960's although with a different power plant back then.
SPR-DRAGST-2012-800-09.jpg
SPR-DRAGST-2012-800-09.jpg (83.9 KiB) Viewed 7221 times
 #30266  by Badger

Funny, I was only talking to Keith Lee about this car on Sunday.

Pip Highams Suzuperbike and Bob Oram's E-Type also appear to have slipped under the radar ..
 #30269  by money hungry

Cool picture of money hungry and the pro stock guys. missed it sadly wanted them to sign the glove box ime the new owner of money hungry.plans are to restore mh .ime new to the forum so hi every one
 #30270  by timetravel

ukdrn wrote:I couldn't hear if anything was said when he ran but somebody I think that may have gone under the radar on Saturday was Ian Domaine in his Zodiac, Ian raced the very same car at Santa Pod in the 1960's although with a different power plant back then.
The attachment SPR-DRAGST-2012-800-09.jpg is no longer available
Dave East 1967 024.jpg
Dave East 1967 024.jpg (258.28 KiB) Viewed 7184 times
..here's Ian smokin' 'em in '67... :D
 #30271  by muddytalker

Badger wrote:Funny, I was only talking to Keith Lee about this car on Sunday.

Pip Highams Suzuperbike and Bob Oram's E-Type also appear to have slipped under the radar ..
I thought that. Seeing Pip Higham's bike in the pits on its own was an opportunity missed. Would have been nice for people to see it in the historic display as there was room next to Nobby's dragster. In fact I walked pass it twice, and I couldn't find Bob's Red E either in the pits despite following the hauler up Airfield road on Sunday morning. Did Bob make any passes?
 #30275  by crazyhorses

Yes. Bob put in many passes in the RWYB section; as did Al O'Connor. They had a ball. In fact there were more historic racers out on the strip than ever. Keep it coming.
 #30276  by muddytalker

Have to agree Stu. As you know I'm always interested in display car and bikes from our past at the Nostalgia Nationals and Hot Rod Drags so if there's a central register complied then at least we stand a chance of getting some of these marvels of the quarter mile heritage back on display and maybe back on the track again. Btw; Do you have the contact details for the new owner of Money Hungry.