#6084  by jaytee

2 shots from Hot Rod & Custom magazine.
Attachments
1a SAM 2a.jpg
1a SAM 2a.jpg (85.74 KiB) Viewed 11177 times
1a SAM 1a.jpg
1a SAM 1a.jpg (81.52 KiB) Viewed 11178 times
 #6394  by jaytee

A few shots of the 75 Mustang,could this be the car that Keith Bartlett and Stu Vallance imported.
Attachments
1a SAM 3 001 A.jpg
1a SAM 3 001 A.jpg (74.76 KiB) Viewed 11032 times
1a SAM 1 A.jpg
1a SAM 1 A.jpg (58.42 KiB) Viewed 11031 times
1a SAM 2 A.jpg
1a SAM 2 A.jpg (31.36 KiB) Viewed 11022 times
 #7291  by kestral

It was bad that Sammy got out of bed one day went to order some High Test Peroxide for his Rocket car and the only supplier in the world told him he could not have any. Result two usless Rocket Cars. :cry:
 #7422  by 9tro

I remember the blast shield truck in the early years but not in the latter.
Sammy returning up to the start line hanging out of an Jenson Interceptor.
WHAT A MAN, WHAT A SHOWMAN,WHAT A HERO. RIP
 #7427  by NitroWars

9tro wrote:I remember the blast shield truck in the early years but not in the latter.
Sammy returning up to the start line hanging out of an Jenson Interceptor.
WHAT A MAN, WHAT A SHOWMAN,WHAT A HERO. RIP
The Jensen was owned by John Ledster who was the Race Director...
 #7428  by muddytalker

As far as I was aware jaytee the car Keith and Stuart imported in the seventies was an old Pat Foster car which later went on to become the 'Liquidator' econo Funny Car.
 #7430  by TimeMachine

From earlier in this very thread:
motorpsycho wrote: that stang is the old Chicago Patrol body, driven (amongst many) by Pat Foster and Dale Pulde, was converted back to a normal funny car before being imported to these shores by Keith Bartlett and Stu Vallance, run as the Liquidator, Mike Burt as Iron Horse then War Horse, we ran it as Time Machine 3 and it is now owned by Paul Stubbings and Wendy Baker
 #7757  by Tear101

Vote for Sammy Miller. Phil Burgess is currently running a 'vote for your favorite exhibition car' on NHRA.com. Sammy Miller has made it onto the list with vanishingpoint and his rocket dragster oxygen. Theres a small write up about sammy and a picture in the article. Check it out, its in Phils side colum called the dragster insider.
 #7783  by ukdrn

Tear101 wrote:Vote for Sammy Miller. Phil Burgess is currently running a 'vote for your favorite exhibition car' on NHRA.com. Sammy Miller has made it onto the list with vanishingpoint and his rocket dragster oxygen. Theres a small write up about sammy and a picture in the article. Check it out, its in Phils side colum called the dragster insider.
I think we have no chance of getting Sammy above the Winged Express FA, and I'm sure if they would have seen him run more in the US they would have voted him above all those wheelstanders :shock:
 #9912  by ukdrn

I don't know how many of you have seen this but it's well worth posting the link on here.
Written by Ron Vigneri it covers in detail the Oxygen Ice Record runs and other history with many rare and interesting pictures, brilliant stuff.
http://www.vetechnet.com/rocketcar.htm