UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1628  by sjb

Found this in Street Machine,anybody on here ever go there.I see they did have demo runs there.
i remember seeing a pic of a pink Reliant Regal that had four wheels and i m sure a straight six jag lump running there.
Think they may of only had meetings there that one year?

#1642  by timetravel

I've not heard of draggin' at Kenley Tog, but I did go to Screamin Alley and here's a flyer and some pics from the Sept '85 meet and a timing slip for three runs in my yellow Model Y over the eighth mile. Image Image Image Image

#1644  by sjb

looked like a narrow strip.

Is that the Guy brothers Pop there.

#1646  by dragamx

a 4 wheeled reliant supervan know thats a fresh idea

#1651  by Badger

Can we look forward to a few more pics from Screamin Alley Timetravel on your website?
By the way you've had a few custom motors, what did you make the trip up to York in the Velox?

#1700  by sjb

That Velox Nick looked looked real tough with that hood scoop,shame dont see any cars with them old style scoops anymore.

#1712  by timetravel

Badger wrote:Can we look forward to a few more pics from Screamin Alley Timetravel on your website?
By the way you've had a few custom motors, what did you make the trip up to York in the Velox?
Yes all the Screamin Alley pics will be on there eventually. I'm currently scanning the York '83 pics which should be on there in a couple of weeks and no I didn't take the Velox to York, I took a Volvo 145! Here's some more Screamin Alley pics from '86. I remember the first time I went in my Y with a mate in a Mustang I got the date wrong and the place was closed so I rang the no. on the advert and the guy who ran it came along and let us in and we had a few races before going home Image Image Image

#1713  by timetravel

sjb wrote:That Velox Nick looked looked real tough with that hood scoop,shame dont see any cars with them old style scoops anymore.
Yes they were nice scoops Steve, most Pro Stocks in the early 70s had them. Here's a page from the "Americar" catalogue which listed them and a shot of my Velox. Did you visit Americar in Southchuch Rd, Southend in the 70s? Image Image

#1714  by sjb

yes i did go down "Americar" a few times when it moved to Westcliff Boulevard as well.It was good seeing some of the customers cars parked up outside the Southend shop. Tim Cook lived about half a mile away from me in Benfleet at the time so i see the black 55 in his drive and going up the A13.

#2076  by muddytalker

Just come across this about Screamin Alley Raceway in the February ’86 issue of ‘Street Machine’. Written by Tony Beadle, the story gives a little more on the tracks background, the guys involved and the cars they raced.