UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1525  by sjb

Badger wrote: Someone was offering a dozen or so Hot Rod and Custom the other day on ebay with two of the original stickers, unsuprisingly there was plenty of interest. The circular sticker they gave away I've seen go for £15.00 on there.

By the way i remember that SM record, wasn't it from issue 3 or 4 SM .. think Steve Dodd's Zody was the cover car from memory.
Heres that very same car when it was for sale just a few years ago.There was still an old club decal on the window,"Streeters"or was it"eastern Cruisers"i cant remember now.
Ive still got some of the giverways like the Street Machine bottle opener, "Hot Rod And CustomUK" iron on of a green Model A, the hot car and SM floppy discs.

#1526  by IanT

Muddytalker: I might be able to replace one NDRC programme for you.. see my 70s Memorabilia post...

#1527  by sjb

muddytalker wrote:

Also I still have another giveaway record from ‘Street Machine’ from the music used in the original TV and radio adverts. Again priceless stuff. .
I remember the TV advert,dident it have "Henry High Rise" driving through a great big sheet of white paper in a studio with the words to the music Street Machine the new customising magazine.This car was for sale last year unfinished half way through a rebiuld but looking the same

#1529  by Badger

Nice work SJB.
I saw it in the classifieds a long while ago with the original albeit very rusty looking 5 spokes and ladder bars. the rear end has been dropped by the time you snapped the car.

#1530  by sjb

Badger wrote:Nice work SJB.
I saw it in the classifieds a long while ago with the original albeit very rusty looking 5 spokes and ladder bars. the rear end has been dropped by the time you snapped the car.
Ive seen it since now in yellow with white sides

#1730  by Badger

Shifting some stuff around this evening I came across this. I remember buying it in on hols in Edinburgh in 82. It's mainly made up from posters of US blown and bracket cars of the day. The twenty or so pages cover action from mantorp, an interview with Beadle and drag news items from here but mainly the states. Nice full page colour shot of Ron picardo's Pro Comp FC motor on the back cover.
Anyone else got a copy of this, and was there ever an issue 2?