UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#16200  by fester

Does Russ Carpenter count? yessir,,if he went straight to nitro,,,russ "s car was a very fast violent car! i would be interested to see iff he drove anything before his fuel v8,,,,,,didnt he drive v6 cars first????
 #16205  by timetravel

fester wrote:Does Russ Carpenter count? yessir,,if he went straight to nitro,,,russ "s car was a very fast violent car! i would be interested to see iff he drove anything before his fuel v8,,,,,,didnt he drive v6 cars first????
As far as I know Russ jumped straight into the Nitro burning Daimler Hemi rail. Tony Anderson ran it before him and it was Tony who started out with a V6 slingshot in '69.....
 #37332  by jai_ford

First of all sorry for bringing back such a old thread but very interesting reading bits of the site, if I have counted right there has only ever been 9 People that have got straight to nitro?
Amazing site guys by the way :D
 #37333  by Glenn R

Ron Picardo drove the Santa Pod wheelie truck for a while

Jim Usher (The Mob)
Terry Ann ?? (The Mob)
 #37334  by Glenn R

Sorry just realised that this has been ongoing for a while and even that I had previously posted on it (that's age for ya!)

Smax ran some kind of modified car over at York for many years before going into fuel

Terry-Ann White (sorry forgot her surname)
 #37511  by plymoutharrow

timetravel wrote:
fester wrote:Does Russ Carpenter count? yessir,,if he went straight to nitro,,,russ "s car was a very fast violent car! i would be interested to see iff he drove anything before his fuel v8,,,,,,didnt he drive v6 cars first????
As far as I know Russ jumped straight into the Nitro burning Daimler Hemi rail. Tony Anderson ran it before him and it was Tony who started out with a V6 slingshot in '69.....
Just out of curiousity did Tony Andersons v6 slingshot race later on in the 1980s? Where did it end up?