UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#31136  by Barngt

40Stude wrote:
compcoupe wrote:This is just awesome.
Any info on it? That tank don't look big enough to cope with a burnout never mind a run. Is it just a 'cackle car'? New build I guess? Just curious.
It was at the Jalopy Drags in Beaver Springs doing smokeys , here is a clip i found 2.45 mins in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYjcJHEIfW0 :D
 #31141  by Barngt

Real nice and you have lots of torque there with them olds to blow the tyres off :D , at a guess over 1000 ft lb
 #31142  by cunningplan

Barngt wrote:Real nice and you have lots of torque there with them olds to blow the tyres off :D , at a guess over 1000 ft lb

shouldnt that be 1320ft lb :lol:
 #31144  by martyn b

Barngt wrote: It was at the Jalopy Drags in Beaver Springs doing smokeys , here is a clip i found 2.45 mins in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYjcJHEIfW0 :D
that's a good clip, love those two jags, which seem to be turning on rather well having lost their boat anchors, would have been even better with a bit more on those slingshots seen near the end.
 #31147  by ukdrn

I guess the cheques in the post for the picture :?
 #31264  by herb andrews

Imagine if you had Al Swindahl build this 225" wheelbase, twin 464 ci hemi powered, Top Gas rail in 1971. You ran it for 4 meetings, setting the AA/GD speed record @ 206.42 mph (on petrol!) and then NHRA banned the class........
Imagine if you had Al Swindahl build this 225" wheelbase, twin 464 ci hemi powered, Top Gas rail in 1971. You ran it for 4 meetings, setting the AA/GD speed record @ 206.42 mph (on petrol!) and then NHRA banned the class........
Walt Austin 3a.jpg (430.44 KiB) Viewed 10608 times
Thats what happend to Walt Austin, who raced in the 50's and 60's. Walt restored the rail in 2004/5 and had it on show at the 2012 Californian Hot Rod Reunion and also participated in the night time cacklefest, you had to be there to appreciate how loud twin hemi's producing a total of 2000 bhp are...!
Thats what happend to Walt Austin, who raced in the 50's and 60's. Walt restored the rail in 2004/5 and had it on show at the 2012 Californian Hot Rod Reunion and also participated in the night time cacklefest, you had to be there to appreciate how loud twin hemi's producing a total of 2000 bhp are...!
Walt Austin 2.jpg (362.32 KiB) Viewed 10608 times
The name Austin should be familiar, Walts son Pat was voted 13th in the top 50 drivers of all time and Walts brother Bucky has an amazing collection of nostalgia cars, and currently owns a 'rent a ride' nostalgia F/C.
The name Austin should be familiar, Walts son Pat was voted 13th in the top 50 drivers of all time and Walts brother Bucky has an amazing collection of nostalgia cars, and currently owns a 'rent a ride' nostalgia F/C.
Walt Austin 1.jpg (844.8 KiB) Viewed 10608 times