UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#7965  by kerbycrewgary

Hi there. just stumbled across your page. I'm Gary Alce, long suffering crewchief of Mike Kason's Kerbdozer racing.....
Currently residing in, non drag racing oriented, Southwest France.....
If you know me say Hi.....
 #7968  by Old Git

I don't know you but Hi anyway.
 #7976  by Stormin Norm

Hi Gary.
Mad Mike paid us a visit afew months ago- He's not changed much!!
There was a drag meeting in SW France in the early 80's at an ex F2 circuit racing venue called Albi. A few english cars went including Jim Read's pro-comp dragster Le Patron and ran1/8th mile along the main straight.
Regards
Norm.
 #7977  by fester

plenty of folk law in this sport, is it true that the kerbdozer team ,in their pit wore straw boaters and sipped champagne while sitting around garden chairs and umbrolly in a time when nobody had any thing in the pit except the race car and tow car 8) i really hope this is true ,never saw it meself :lol: :lol:
 #7982  by muddytalker

I think this may answer part of you're question Bill. I don't know about boaters but they did dress up in wigs and run round acting like waiters in the early altered days!

Hi Gary. Welcome to the fourm. Remember me? The long suffering commentator at Avon Park who had to put up with 'Fat Man', oh I mean Mike at events like the 'Hot Rod Drags'. It was something like a scene from a 'Little & Large' sketch in the that commentary box sometimes. Oh the other guy you may remember was Martin Bennett who now does MX1 and MX2 World Championship MotoX for Motors TV!
 #8425  by kerbycrewgary

Hey Jerry...how you doing....
Oh yeah, that was us ....the two guys in the pic are mates of Mike's from school, knew nothing about cars, but loved to dress up and pour the bubbly....
I used to hide, driving the Olds pushcar in those days, which was okay, till Kerby One Knobi launched a burnout in reverse at the pod and rammed into the front of me......Thats when I thought it might be safer standing out in front of him.......
Never a dull moment with the Kerby crew !!!!
 #8731  by Dopey

Hi Gary !
How ya doin ?
Long time no see.

Are you still in contact with Tamasin & Mike ?

Dopey.
 #8738  by kerbycrewgary

Hey Dave, how you doin?
Last saw Mike about 18 months ago in London, they got married in March and we couldn't go, so they're ignoring us !!
We're living in sunny France now 8) , how's life in Dorset?
 #8748  by Dopey

Hi Gary !
Zummerzet actually, but it's real good thanks !
Check out our website http://www.freddysrevenge.co.uk

Cheers !
Dopey.
 #10897  by herb andrews

kerbycrewgary wrote:I'm Gary Alce, long suffering crewchief of Mike Kason's Kerbdozer racing.....
Gary

Were you at the Pod when Mike tried to start the altered Norm built, (Sunaco?) on the rollers, dropping the clutch it locked up solid, resulting in S shaped pushrods! We were pitted close by and offered some help. Pulling the heads off, something looked strange then we noticed at least one piston was installed the wrong way round. Pointing this out to Mike he went red faced asking 'who fitted the pistons' to which the crew replied 'You did'!

Its one of those things that sticks in the mind... Plus as I have the pushrods nailed up in the workshop I have a laugh every so often...

Herb