UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#39836  by jonmental
 Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:11 pm
Long shot here

With the current craze for nostalgia most people think of Chevys and Hemis, but in Blighty it was Jags and other small engines.

Can anyone help with info on home built overdrive transmission.........best type to use.....best clutch to use etc etc.....to be used behind Ford crossflow/pre crossflow.....I know quite a few were built back in the day by various racers, so any info would be appreciated.

Cheers
Johnny Hall
 #39837  by wayne
 Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:46 pm
Hi Jon, I used to have a box that was made by John Whitmore, it used a jag overdrive unit, so 2 speed, no reverse and a 3mm thick clutch can, had a Ford Thames van clutch modified so it was similar to a Hayes slider clutch, russ carpenter knows loads about these! It came with an old r. e. d I bought called express delivery which Martin babb and Stephen Collins owned at various times. The spirit car runs a modified bw35 so maybe Maurice takoor could help! Cheers wayne
 #39838  by jonmental
 Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:26 pm
Thanks Wayne

I posted 4 years ago with the same request and you replied then......was kinda hoping someone would put me onto what was in someones shed. What happened to your old car?