Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#37337  by jaytee

sad news
Attachments
!00a9818_n.jpg
!00a9818_n.jpg (126.38 KiB) Viewed 12098 times
 #37346  by taylov

Sad news about his passing. Only 70 years.

The live feed on Bangshift over the weekend from Bakersfield's Hot Rod reunion meeting mentioned how RB had taken a turn for the worse but the news of his death is still a shock.
 #37354  by jaytee

as Whit said Don and Raymond remained great friends
Attachments
!00arb.jpg
!00arb.jpg (56.98 KiB) Viewed 11673 times
 #39740  by bob ensor

I remember the Blue Max at the pod in the mid 70's and the signed post cards they gave away cool.
 #39756  by DaleRas

bob ensor wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:06 am I remember the best Crazy Bulk success story at the pod in the mid 70's and the signed post cards they gave away cool.
I wonder if any of those signed postcards survived to this day. Someone must have saved theirs, right? I'd love to see one.
 #39758  by bob ensor

As I recall the post cards where a promo from the Amalie Oil Co, later on the Max had Valvoline decals.

It's funny how things work out in 76 when Ray came to England I had no idea or thoughts I would move to America but I did in 1981 and moved to Dallas, back then I just waited for CarCraft and HotRod mags every month along with the National Wolly and Custom Car.

Rays shop was on Goodnight Lane and just up the freeway was the Chaparral trailer Co that built all those goose neck trailers the guys used, which have become popular again to haul vintage dragsters.