UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#39724  by shasta

Here's a picture of the old Quinn/Webster AAC 16/AAC250 motorcycle which I'm in the process of rebuilding taken at the Pod's Dragstalgia meet in 2014. It looks more complete then, than it is now, as it was in a 'dry' build state with all the components put in place to ensure it all fitted together. It has now been stripped and is in the process of the final build, the missing piston has been obtained form the USA, and time permitting, it should run again later in the year. If I can get to this year's Dragstalgia meet, you are most welcome to sit on it Colin to add to your 'collection'!
Attachments
!00a1%20DRAGSTALGIA%20%20JULY%202014%20bbw137.jpg
!00a1%20DRAGSTALGIA%20%20JULY%202014%20bbw137.jpg (93.85 KiB) Viewed 9167 times
 #39726  by ColinF

Ditto.......
I had a look at your thread about the bike shasta, obviously quite a machine.Any idea when it was last campaigned? I was trying to think if i'd seen it run, used to go to Santa Pod with the family when i was at school ( late 70's) and with my brother and friends through the 80's .If it ran at the Pod in the eighties i'll have a look through my photos.Will you be riding it yourself when it's restored? Can't restore it and not run it!
 #39727  by shasta

I believe the bike last ran in 1982; after the bike ran it's supposed 7 second run, which was not recognised ( it couldn't be backed up due to engine damage), Daytona Kawasaki who supported the bike, lost interest in campaigning it and laid it up. It has been very difficult finding out anything about the bike, so if anyone out there has any race reports showing times/speeds or any photos please post them here. I personally don't recall seeing the bike run, but on the thread AAC16 AAC250 Drag Bike in the Vehicle History section is a photo from Snetterton in 1977, a meeting I spectated at so I must have seen it! I only went to Long Marston Raceway in 1981-83 so missed the bike in it's prime at the Pod. I am intending to ride it but only in demos and sprints as I haven't had an ACU Competition licence for over 20 years!
 #39728  by NitroWars

I was Race Secretary 1983 to 1985 and remember taking entries off Bob Webster. It was around this time that Daytona got involved with a Pro Stock Bike. They also supported Rod Pallant and Steve Woollatt to a greater or lesser extent at this time.
 #39734  by ColinF

I thought it looked familiar, i must have taken these at Dragstalgia in 2014 unless the bike's been there since. Obviously taken from digital files but i was quite into photography and used to shoot a few rolls of film at any event i was at so i will go through the old photos sometime just to check.
drag2.jpg
drag2.jpg (36.1 KiB) Viewed 8839 times
Attachments
drag1.jpg
drag1.jpg (40.94 KiB) Viewed 8839 times