UKDRN

Anything Nostalgia Related.

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#36865  by muddytalker

Congratulations to NSA rider Justin Newall who yesterday (Sunday 27th July) at Weston Zoyland Airfield ran his first nine on the Hagon Triumph drag bike. After shredding the drive belt early Saturday Justin was beginning to get the feel for the track's conditions on such a hot and humid weekend. Chiseling away at the time which kept coming down to the 10 zero's the magical nine just had be in there somewhere!

So, come the final run of an extremely busy Sunday afternoon Justin pushed the mighty Hagon machine from its makeshift billet, cracked her into life and very quickly sent the 45% nitro mix through the complex veins of the 500cc motor. Having spent most of day acting as the NSA's apprentice starter, early myself and Phil Steele walked the start line to see where the best traction was on the unprepped world war 2 surface. The spot was marked to which Justin took his position. Into stage, tree ran and with no wheel spin at 60 foot or the hazing of the tyre the Hagon ran arrow straight through the top end quarter to record 9.82 at 139 mph. A fitting way to end a great days sprinting. I believe this run might even be a new overall track record but I'm sure Clive will be along to confirm this shortly.
TUC30061.JPG
TUC30061.JPG (954.17 KiB) Viewed 5448 times
TUC30062.JPG
TUC30062.JPG (985.52 KiB) Viewed 5448 times
I will be posting a few more photos from the weekend in the days to come but thanks to the NSA crew for welcoming me to the venue and working there start line with Clive was a real joy. I have to say that when approaching the airfield and driving through the gates it was like being transported back in time to the good old NDRC days of the seventies with its hand painted signs, a pits full of Transit vans and a make shift portable drag strip. Pure nostalgia. Love it.
 #36867  by CRR

Believe it or not Jerry, the quickest run ever on the old 70+ years surface is by Superstreet drag racer Steve Mead with an 8.75 at a whopping 160+ terminal.