UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#8272  by PaulS

UKDRN, ref Stardust bits - all I have are the front A arms that came off of the original Stardust Cuda (not the Stones Mustang), I assume Bootsie swapped them onto the Gladiator chassis to "update" it as I sure that drop tubes and torsion bars were on their way out in favour of A arms (visually not a good thing in my opinion)and wandered across the worshop and ubolted them off of the "Old" Stardust. The A arms are unusual in that they are not the normal configuration of three arms per side these have a top A and a bottom A plus a link between the bottom of the spindle mount (think this is a replacement for a small coil over shocker) and the point on the top rail between the two top A mounts (hope that made sense, they are still chromed and the spindles are also unusual in that they attach to the two A's by large spherical joints and don't, as such have king pins.

Thought I'd read that the chassis and body are still "somewhere at the POD"?.

Paul
 #8274  by ukdrn

Thanks Paul, I jumped the gun a little and got a bit excited and should have read your post again.
We think that Stardust is at the Pod somewhere but who knows, wasn't Stardust a Buttera built car also?

Jon
 #8283  by muddytalker

PaulS wrote:UKDRN, ref Stardust bits - all I have are the front A arms that came off of the original Stardust Cuda (not the Stones Mustang), I assume Bootsie swapped them onto the Gladiator chassis to "update" it as I sure that drop tubes and torsion bars were on their way out in favour of A arms (visually not a good thing in my opinion)and wandered across the worshop and ubolted them off of the "Old" Stardust. The A arms are unusual in that they are not the normal configuration of three arms per side these have a top A and a bottom A plus a link between the bottom of the spindle mount (think this is a replacement for a small coil over shocker) and the point on the top rail between the two top A mounts (hope that made sense, they are still chromed and the spindles are also unusual in that they attach to the two A's by large spherical joints and don't, as such have king pins.

Thought I'd read that the chassis and body are still "somewhere at the POD"?.

Paul
Paul, its in this thread 'FGR Workshop' with pictures of the body in the state of decay its in today.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=966
 #8284  by PaulS

Thought I'd seen it somewhere.

Lonely Hearts ad :- Front A arms looking to re unite with old frame !(bad play on words).

This one took me 2 years wonder how long that would take - at least another two credit cards!.

I'll send you another mail with a couple of pics of the car when we pulled it out of the garage three weeks ago to go and collect the body from PWRD / JW Automotive in Bridgewater.

Paul
 #8296  by muddytalker

Well, you asked for some chassis shots so here goes. Cheers Paul.

First is how it was when John Bennt found it.

Second is the chassis with engine etc in (taken three weeks ago).

The last is a "Wendy's eye view".
 #8311  by jaytee

[quote="PaulS"]UKDRN, ref Stardust bits - all I have are the front A arms that came off of the original Stardust Cuda (not the Stones Mustang), I assume Bootsie swapped them onto the Gladiator chassis to "update" it as I sure that drop tubes and torsion bars were on their way out in favour of A arms (visually not a good thing in my opinion)and wandered across the worshop and ubolted them off of the "Old" Stardust. The A arms are unusual in that they are not the normal configuration of three arms per side these have a top A and a bottom A plus a link between the bottom of the spindle mount (think this is a replacement for a small coil over shocker) and the point on the top rail between the two top A mounts (hope that made sense, they are still chromed and the spindles are also unusual in that they attach to the two A's by large spherical joints and don't, as such have king pins.

A shot of Stardust showing the suspension units,if Bootsie used the A arms from Stardust he must've replaced or modified the front end of Stardust as it was still in competition after with the Stones and Mike Allen?
Attachments
0aSD.jpg
0aSD.jpg (214.37 KiB) Viewed 11026 times
 #8318  by Geoff bosworth

Thanks for the pics, ive never seen them before.Is that mike burt in the far lane second pic, if it is i remember the race very well, i spoke to mike at the end of the run he s a really nice guy.
Geoff.
 #8322  by muddytalker

Yes it is Geoff. In fact there's another better photo of the car on the Mike Burt's Iron/War Horse Mustang FC thread in the 'Where Are They Now' page.