UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#754  by muddytalker

Not quite Dragster Artwork but Helmet Artwork. But still, very tasty all the same.
Photo by Eric Sawyer

#798  by ukdrn

Some more good art and signwritting.
Mick Hillier's 'Pony Express'
Paranoia
Graham Barrs 'Neon Star'
Des Taylors 'Revell Rebel'

#808  by ukdrn

The excellent artwork on Don Garlits car that came to the UK in 1976.
Image:Nick J

#810  by muddytalker

Here’s a couple more for the Dragster Artwork thread.
Visiting American Todd Simpson’s ‘Borrowed Money’ ‘88 Dodge Daytona Top Alcohol Funny Car.
Tony Frome’s ‘Sundance’ rear engined Funny Car which was formerly Ed Shaver’s Castrol VX4/90.
The repainted Santa Pod wheelie Stingray Corvette here in the hands of Carlo Gandolfi.

Barry Sheavills ‘Team Anglo American’ Top Alcohol Dragster operation.
And not quite British, but still raises a chuckle. This photo was given to me by John Wright.

#817  by muddytalker

Here's some more artwork.
Tom Laffey's A/Modified Ford Capri at Blackbushe.
Richie Lea's Super Gas 'Southern Raider' Trans Am. Photo by Dick Parnham'
The nitrous hatch on Dave Mingay's Pro Mod Vauxhall Calibra.
The awesome Fiat Topolino of Tony Betts. Photo by Paul Duxbury.

#878  by jonmental

This is the artwork on my old blown rover digger " The Happening " from a few years back done by Neil at H signs from Thetford. At the time the fastest cars were running small blocks, so to put the cat amongst the pigeons I thougt this would liven things up.
I will be using the orange/red scheme on my next car that is on the jig at present..........now you know.
Ironically the new car will feature a killer small block chevy.[/img]

#985  by timetravel

I had some Terry Bull artwork on my slingshot in 1996 Image

#987  by muddytalker

I wondered when you were going to slip that one in Nick. :lol:

#1017  by ukdrn

One more for the collection, Ray Hoare's 'Saxon' Rail

#1036  by JonC

ukdrncouk wrote:One more for the collection, Ray Hoare's 'Saxon' Rail
Looks more like a Viking to me, though of course the Horned Helmets were a Victorian historical construct; there being no record, neither literary nor archaeological of Horns ever being attached to battle headgear in Northern Europe pre 1900 fancy dress parties. The shield is all wrong as well, the centre Boss design being far more Nordic than Belgic in origin. The Laurel Leaves forming a Diadem around the outside of the motif are republican Roman in origin, just to confuse matters still further.

Great pic though...