UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#473  by ukdrn

What cars or bikes do you think have had the best paint and artwork?
One car that was always easy recognised to the public was the 'Stagecoach' altered.

Image:Alan Mosely

#611  by muddytalker

How about the rear of Frank Bennett's C/Comp Altered Ford Pop.

#619  by muddytalker

Or Mike Rutland's BDRA Roadster class Mustang Mach 1 'Shakey Puddin'. In fact if you look closely at the rear end, Mike's 'stang was fitted with a tow bar as well for the family caravan.
Photo courtesy of Patrick Salt

#625  by flying toilet

muddytalker wrote:Or Mike Rutland's BDRA Roadster class Mustang Mach 1 'Shakey Puddin'. In fact if you look closely at the rear end, Mike's 'stang was fitted with a tow bar as well for the family caravan.
Photo courtesy of Patrick Salt
I remember when i young and trying to help my Dad work on his Pop when this car pulled up outside!

My Dad ran a blown V6 red Pop in the 80's, it used to be towed to the track by Steve Greens cortina! Got pictures somewhere.

#631  by timetravel

flying toilet wrote:
My Dad ran a blown V6 red Pop in the 80's, it used to be towed to the track by Steve Greens cortina! Got pictures somewhere.
Is this you're Dad's Pop in the Street Pits at the Pod after a snow shower Easter '83? Shaky Puddin' is in the foreground and behind is Steve Green's Cortina. Image

#632  by flying toilet

Yes it is!

Amazing picture, I will show Dad and Steve when i see him over Christmas.

Any more pics of Dads pop and Steves Cortina, i am thinking the later would be more popular!

He sold the pop to buy the old Martin Brown Pro-Et Dragster in 1994 and then got Norm Wheeldon to build our latest car in 1996 after selling our old rail to a man named Jon Dew. The car was an old Top Alcohol car in the states and was registered in Sunset Boulevard. As was the trailer we still own.

Dan

#669  by muddytalker

Here’s a couple of artwork cartoons I remember from the nineties. The first comes from the front drivers cowl of the ‘Bad Habit’ Daimler Dragster of Robin Read. The second was art worked up on the rear boot lid of Ian Merryweather’s Super Gas Cobra ‘Banzai’ of a well known cartoon cat.

#681  by ukdrn

‘Bad Habit’ was very nice looking car, here is picture from another Read car, the front of Steve Read's TAD.
The second is a picture I think Andy Fadster will be interested in as it shows the artwork on his new found Bantum body

#683  by ukdrn

Here's a side view of Ian Merryweather’s ‘Banzai’
ImageImages:Nick J

#741  by muddytalker

Always a crowd favourite, even now. But the ‘Money Hungry’ Camaro Pro Stocker will always be remembered for it’s clever use of real seventies pound notes in the artwork on the doors. Check it out next time current owner Mick Smith brings it out to the drags.