UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#31703  by timetravel

martyn b wrote:Start and speed was a good magazine but I couldn't understand a word of it...
there was one issue late 71 had great coverage of the July internationals, only ever saw that copy once; remember it because (I think it was) Mr Riswick showed me a copy along with the pic of my car in the frontpiece, said he only had the one copy, but he'd keep his eyes open for another for me..- hope you're still looking Dave!
I borrowed and scanned all the copies I could find last time I was up at JWR and they're here...
http://www.timetraveldvds.co.uk/page105.html
..but I don't think the one you're looking for is there?!?
 #31706  by muddytalker

Have you added the ones I scanned for you last winter Nick. I've lost where I got up to with the scans.
 #31708  by timetravel

muddytalker wrote:Have you added the ones I scanned for you last winter Nick. I've lost where I got up to with the scans.
..yep all the scans you sent have been added.. so if you've got any more that arn't on there then send 'em across :D
 #31715  by frasse

Hi,
I don´t know if you prefer pictures of "swedish cars in England" or "any swedish car". Anyway... here are some photos of my car. The chassie was built by the Kjellin brothers in Sweden around 1978. In the 80´s the chassie was extended from 110" to 125" to handle the torque from a Ford 460+ better. The car was originally built by Christer Svensson, Sundsvall, Sweden.

I don´t think this car ever raced in England, but I must say I really would like to be the first owner of this car to race in England with it! :D

Initial style: "Very modern T-23 Altered"
Lady3.JPG (59.98 KiB) Viewed 10389 times
Lady1.JPG (75.08 KiB) Viewed 10389 times
Lady2.JPG (73.96 KiB) Viewed 10389 times
Current style: Now it´s a "Nostalgia T-23 Altered". Time flies.... :)
Sundsvall_juli_2012.jpg
Sundsvall_juli_2012.jpg (184.65 KiB) Viewed 10389 times
 #31716  by muddytalker

Welcome to the forum. That's some altered you have there. So much history as well. I remember Eve Kjellin racing her Top Fuel Dragster at the Pod around that time too. And yes you would be most welcome to race in England. Please pm me with details or e-mail: quartermilenewsmakers@yahoo.co.uk.

Our forum is about everything so any photos that you have of Swedish cars past or present would be most welcome. I think you will find your visit's here very interesting with numerous topics catering for all facets of nostalgia drag racing the world over, especially on those long winter nights.
 #31717  by muddytalker

Here's a nice shot of John Andersson's Valkyrian Fuel Dragster taken at Silverstone in either 1973 or 74. There's also a couple of well known names standing in this shot as well.
img314.jpg
img314.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 11084 times
Photo courtesy of JWR Archives
 #31718  by frasse

Thanks muddytalker!

Eva and Wilmer Kjellin are members of the same Hot Rod club in Sundsvall as myself, so I know them pretty well. They don´t race since mid 80´s, but I know that Eva would gladly drive a car again. Unfortunately I´m quite a lot taller then Eva so she does not fit into my car, but otherwise It would really fun to let her drive my car for some races. We´ll see what happens.... 8)
 #31720  by jaytee

Frasse that's a nice looking car you have, the wing would be similar to Keith Harvie's from back in the day
Attachments
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aBW58A.jpg
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aBW58A.jpg (70.3 KiB) Viewed 10900 times
 #31721  by jaytee

muddytalker wrote:Here's a nice shot of John Andersson's Valkyrian Fuel Dragster taken at Silverstone in either 1973 or 74. There's also a couple of well known names standing in this shot as well.
img314.jpg
Photo courtesy of JWR Archives
would they be Roland Pratt and maybe Phil Cornish.

Yep and Steve Collins is also just behind the rear wing. Plus NDRC Start Line Marshals John Fordham and Big Pete known for his T-Shirt featured on the Castrol film Drag On A Summers Day.
 #31723  by ukdrn

frasse wrote:Hi,
I don´t know if you prefer pictures of "swedish cars in England" or "any swedish car". Anyway... here are some photos of my car. The chassie was built by the Kjellin brothers in Sweden around 1978. In the 80´s the chassie was extended from 110" to 125" to handle the torque from a Ford 460+ better. The car was originally built by Christer Svensson, Sundsvall, Sweden.
Great Looking Car Frasse and welcome to the forum