UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#31724  by frasse

Thanks for the photo jaytee! I have saved it on my hard disk!!

I have been asked many times why I have this "nonsens wing", and in a place where "one should not have a wing". :D Well, I suppose that this wing mount went out of style many many moons ago :) But is has always been monted like this, and so shall it be! I believe that is was monted on the very first version of this car, which was built as a race T-23 hot rod around 1974. When they built the current altered chassis, they simply moved the wing over from the Hot Rod to the new car.

There are not many cars that I have seen with this type of wing mount. In fact, none at all in Sweden, so it´s really cool to se that there are others. And at that time I suppose that wings were not so common at all.

ukdrn: Thanks!
 #31748  by frasse

Thanks!

But I got confused now. Is "Dream Machine" and "Bezerk" the same car??

If it is, then it may explain my wing, since Bo Bertilsson took Bezerk to Sweden around 1975. This is about the samt time as when the predecessor to my car was built, including the wing. So Bezerk may in fact be the car that inspired the creation of my wing.

This is REALLY interesting, especially since Bezerk lives no more than 70 km from where I live. And it looks almost exactly the same as in the old photos. ...the world is small sometimes... :D :D

I seems´however on the Bezerk photos that the wing later got moved more to the back of the car.
 #31749  by timetravel

frasse wrote:Thanks!

But I got confused now. Is "Dream Machine" and "Bezerk" the same car??

If it is, then it may explain my wing, since Bo Bertilsson took Bezerk to Sweden around 1975. This is about the samt time as when the predecessor to my car was built, including the wing. So Bezerk may in fact be the car that inspired the creation of my wing.

This is REALLY interesting, especially since Bezerk lives no more than 70 km from where I live. And it looks almost exactly the same as in the old photos. ...the world is small sometimes... :D :D

I seems´however on the Bezerk photos that the wing later got moved more to the back of the car.
..yes Dream Machine and Bezerk are the same car. The wing was only in that forward position for one meeting as the RAC scrutineer didn't like it and by the next meeting it was moved back...
img747.jpg
img747.jpg (99.02 KiB) Viewed 11626 times
 #31750  by muddytalker

Here's another couple of jaytee's photos from Silverstone 1974 with the wing firmly fixed in front of the drivers cockpit.
001.jpg
001.jpg (188.36 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
002.jpg
002.jpg (154.5 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
003.jpg
003.jpg (92.55 KiB) Viewed 11329 times
 #31816  by muddytalker

Some scans from the 1978 edition of Start & Speed about the years big drag race out in Sweden; Sko Uno Drag Festival held at Mantorp Park.
002.jpg
002.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 11223 times
003.jpg
003.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 11223 times
004.jpg
004.jpg (2 MiB) Viewed 11223 times
005.jpg
005.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 11223 times
006.jpg
006.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 11223 times
 #31847  by muddytalker

There's some cracking photos on this site from 1968 and early seventies from Anderstorp, Mantrop Park and Santa Pod.

www.aspesbilder.se

Link courtesy of the Swedish Vintage Dragrace Association