UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#4573  by Baby Stone

As promised a long time ago, I have finally braved the spiders in the loft and found a few photos from the past. I will keep looking for more as I get the time so I will keep updating.

Vickie
Attachments
Me driving Hemi Hunter.jpg
Me driving Hemi Hunter.jpg (16.21 KiB) Viewed 13536 times
Daddy Stone when he was just being Grandad
Daddy Stone when he was just being Grandad
Grandad and me (Small).jpg (31.81 KiB) Viewed 13532 times
Dad & Gerry in Mantorp Aug 82
Dad & Gerry in Mantorp Aug 82
D & G (Small).jpg (25.18 KiB) Viewed 13534 times
 #4589  by ukdrn

Nice pictures Vickie, thanks for posting them.
I hope you don't mind but I thought I would add a couple to the topic. I'm sure you will find that many members on the forum would say that your families cars are among there favourites and many would pick the different versions of Tee-Rat in there top alltime top 5 cars, so here's a picture of the car with Tender Trap behind it.
Below that is a picture of Hemi Hunter still going strong at last weekends Hot Rod Drags.
Tee-Rat.jpg
Tee-Rat.jpg (272.1 KiB) Viewed 13373 times
Picture:Robin Pretty
hemihunter.jpg
hemihunter.jpg (120.59 KiB) Viewed 13368 times
 #4594  by Baby Stone

Thanks Jon,

When I was a kid Tender Trap used to be kept in our garage at home and when Dad was at work I used to let my mates take a sneaky look while my mum wasn't looking. I told them he was keeping it for when I grew up and I'm still waiting!!!!! :?
 #4603  by Baby Stone

Heres another that dad has bought home from his workshop. It's of him and Mike Hutchinson, as you can see Tee-Rat misbehaving as usual.
Attachments
Tee-Rat race (Small).jpg
Tee-Rat race (Small).jpg (42.19 KiB) Viewed 13193 times
 #4604  by Badger

Er, just a bit!

great pic Vickie .. thanks for posting it!

Has the family got anything left apart from the rear engined dragster from the old days - what about the Thames and Bedford vans? :D
 #4606  by Baby Stone

Yes dad still has Hemi Hunter 4 minus an engine at the workshop along with the Bedford van which still runs! Other than that just memories and dusty trophies
 #4608  by ukdrn

Great picture, Vickie do you know what your dad would do if he had the opportunity to drive again?
Here's a couple more of a blown and unblown Tee-Rat.
tee-rat2.jpg
tee-rat2.jpg (124.17 KiB) Viewed 13167 times
Picture:Colin Barlow
tee-rat3.jpg
tee-rat3.jpg (74.69 KiB) Viewed 13157 times
Picture:Donald Cross
 #4610  by Baby Stone

Fantastic photos!!!!
Have just spoken to dad and he said he would have loved the opportunity to drive Rob Loarings altered 'Havoc' it was the closest thing to Tee-Rat. Out of all the cars that he has driven his favourite was Stardust 1.
 #4615  by ukdrn

Baby Stone wrote:Fantastic photos!!!!
Have just spoken to dad and he said he would have loved the opportunity to drive Rob Loarings altered 'Havoc' it was the closest thing to Tee-Rat. Out of all the cars that he has driven his favourite was Stardust 1.
I would have loved to have seem you dad drive 'Havoc', a real trip down nostalgia lane. I think Stardust is still a favourite car of those who remember it.