UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#3568  by JonC

flying toilet wrote:Is the Funny car not Peter Kruze's car? When it was black with gold and red striping at the bottom?
I am pretty sure it is the late Peter Kruze, yes.
 #3569  by muddytalker

I think you might be right. If anyone has a programme to hand for the European Records Weekend for 1990 can they have a look as I'm not at home right now to varify that it could be Peter Kruse.
 #3570  by timetravel

Here's a couple of pics of Peter's car at the Pod 1990 World Finals which I think confirms you're right...
52 012.jpg
52 012.jpg (68.52 KiB) Viewed 8111 times
 #3823  by ukdrn

Some more including some good OA shots.
Picture:Brad Beechem
 #3831  by flying toilet

Did Neil Taylors Camaro then become Simon Farmers Pro ET car? Looks the same.

Also theres the corner of Harlan Thompsons Budweisrer cab in the Lex Joon pics.

Was that the Night Of Fire event or Super Series? Didnt Rob Guerain (sp) bring his nitrous Vetter over with Lex. This was in 1994 i am sure.
 #3833  by Badger

It was called the European Invasion or something wasn't it - Muddytalker? Think it was either July or Aug 94. All sorts of euro comp and doorslammer machinery came over .. I think Peter schofer with the ex Bryntesson streamliner, Bertrand Dubet and the now Alien altered and many others. Think CC did a big colour feature.

I guess it must of been a Goodguys meet.
 #3847  by sjb

anybody remember Danny Cockerals Pop comeing off the track and ending up on the grass at North Weald near the top end.Think it may of been the second? time the car came out.