UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#3850  by muddytalker

Yes it was 1994 and it was the European Invasion/Goodguys UK Shootout #5 Badger. It was part of a seven race European Series for Competition Cars and Pro Street competitors organised by Rob Janssen’s Euro Serie association. The Habermanns and Peter Schofer from Germany were in action in there dragsters along with Bertrand Dubet from France. In Pro Street Herman Zylstra put up a good fight in his Dutch Vega against the likes of Peter Wacker, Frans de Boer and Eric Haccoun. It was also the opening round of the British Pro Mod Championship backed by Custom Car magazine following the association’s falling out with Santa Pod earlier in the year.
 #3851  by muddytalker

Just noticed in the programme and from the fourth photo in that Darrioux Walters was running the ex-Rob Turner Fuel Altered in the Competition Car bracket. That’s race promoter Brian Burrows in the background in conversation with one of our forum members and APIRA marshal Les The Pres.
 #3856  by ukdrn

Some more from the same meeting

Pictures:Brad Beechem
 #3867  by sjb

flying toilet wrote:I love Danny Cockerills car.
seam to remember the car having super gas markings when first came out but soon run 9.20
 #3877  by TimeMachine

I remember watching one meeting when he staged on the starter motor as he was having problems with the engine only for it to burst into life when the green light came on.
 #3881  by flying toilet

In the Pops last days before Danny sold it and it was cut up it spent most of run with the rear wheels rubbing on the rear fenders. Smoky runs all round!

I see Dannys Chevy is for sale on ED. Wonder whats next?

Dan
 #3882  by sjb

flying toilet wrote:
I see Dannys Chevy is for sale on ED. Wonder whats next?

Dan
i heard he damaged the engine
 #4180  by ukdrn

Here's some more starting with Brian Johnson on that bike I really thought would give Europe it's first 5 second bike run.