UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#37024  by muddytalker

Here's a shot of Dennis from '72 taken at Blackbushe. Check out the 'tree. Just how many bulbs does one want!
Dennis Priddle 7.jpg
Dennis Priddle 7.jpg (38.97 KiB) Viewed 9308 times
 #37025  by timetravel

Who remembers these window stickers from Action Automotive... and which one did you have?
002.jpg
002.jpg (501.22 KiB) Viewed 9220 times
 #37026  by jaytee

muddytalker wrote:
jaytee wrote:I thought it was interesting as well, I'm sure I read that he went onto a career building engines in America
here's a shot of the Paul Gommi motor mentioned in the article
How successful was it Jon do we know!
I don't think the twin blower set up lasted, as the article said when Don went over Paul was running a single blower, the shot came from a DRUSA feature on the car when it first appeared

I wonder how many times Dennis and Clive faced each other in Funny Cars
 #37027  by muddytalker

timetravel wrote:Who remembers these window stickers from Action Automotive... and which one did you have?
002.jpg
I had the Priddle sticker for a time. Can't think what happen to it. :( Wouldn't it be great if someone was to reproduce these again in a limited number and on the same paper as back in the day!
 #37028  by muddytalker

Now that's an interesting question jaytee. :D I can hear those programmes and report pages talking already. So when was the first Skilton v Priddle match up in Funny Car then?
 #37030  by ukdrn

muddytalker wrote:Now that's an interesting question jaytee. :D I can hear those programmes and report pages talking already. So when was the first Skilton v Priddle match up in Funny Car then?
I was wondering the same thing Jerry.
Did they meet many times in funny cars?
 #37031  by muddytalker

I seem to recall a few match ups with the VX4/90 bodied funny and Dennis' Avenger in the mid seventies at some NDRC meets at Blackbushe and maybe Wroughton as the headlining act.
 #37032  by CRR

timetravel wrote:Who remembers these window stickers from Action Automotive... and which one did you have?
Who remembers the craze for having stickers "my other car is a Porsche, Jag etc"? DP had a sticker on his towcar "My other car is a 230mph Top Fuel dragster"
 #37033  by muddytalker

These were taken at Wroughton mid seventies.
Castrol Funny Car 2.jpg
Castrol Funny Car 2.jpg (143.97 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
Priddle Avenger.jpg
Priddle Avenger.jpg (167.22 KiB) Viewed 9319 times
 #37034  by CRR

muddytalker wrote: So when was the first Skilton v Priddle match up in Funny Car then?
I think it was at Wroughton on the 15th June 1975 in the final of the Tor Line Funny Car Championship final round when Dennis beat Clive 6.95/204 to 8.03/161. I just remembered that off the top of my head :lol: