UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#36979  by Old Boy Racer

I may have posted this before but here is a cropped and enlarged version of a pic taken from the timing tower. Rex Sluggett with Tudor Rose on its debut.

Robin
Tudor Rose - RS.jpeg
Tudor Rose - RS.jpeg (75.27 KiB) Viewed 9406 times
 #36981  by jaytee

great photo Nick, looks like Don Beadle on his knees, the most animated crew chief I've seen, a future HoF candidate along with brother Tony hopefully
Attachments
aa004PB.jpg
aa004PB.jpg (712.48 KiB) Viewed 9403 times
 #36982  by jaytee

National Drag Racer magazine photo
Attachments
aa1.jpg
aa1.jpg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 9399 times
 #36983  by timetravel

jaytee wrote:great photo Nick, looks like Don Beadle on his knees, the most animated crew chief I've seen, a future HoF candidate along with brother Tony hopefully
Yes that's Don Beadle on his knees and it also looks like Mike Derry on the left with the glasses...
 #36984  by longtimeracer

That's Don all right, animated is the word! I don't think the Priddle vs Skilton rivalry has ever been equalled. It was very intense at the time but with mutual respect, they both wanted to win!!
 #36985  by REALITY

Back in the Priddle/Skilton wars I was a great supporter of Clive and being a mechanic at the time my hero was Mr Don Beadle, how committed he was to making that that car GO, I've never seen a crew chief so more worthy of an entry to the HOF.
Does anyone have the Custom Car feature on Don that could be downloaded here? Or maybe it is already? Tony
 #36986  by jaytee

I don't think I've got that issue of CC but how about this from Drag Racing News, not sure about the quality of the scan
Attachments
a5.jpg
a5.jpg (2.01 MiB) Viewed 9795 times
a6.jpg
a6.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 9795 times
a7.jpg
a7.jpg (922.75 KiB) Viewed 9795 times
 #36999  by REALITY

Thanks Jaytee for that very interesting article, can't ever remember reading it. Tony
 #37001  by jaytee

I thought it was interesting as well, I'm sure I read that he went onto a career building engines in America
here's a shot of the Paul Gommi motor mentioned in the article
Attachments
aa=bpg.jpg
aa=bpg.jpg (95.3 KiB) Viewed 9389 times
 #37002  by muddytalker

timetravel wrote:well we've now got 72, 73 and 74 so here's 71...
004PB.jpg
005PBILL nluff 250971.jpg
006PBIL260971hole shot for priddle then blew h gasket lost.jpg
007PBILL.jpg
I think those were taken at RAF North Luffenham back in '71.