UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#36574  by The Drag Artist

As it's the 50th anniversary of the 1964 Dragfests I've been working on a series of paintings depicting some of the American contingent that participated at these events.

The three shown here feature Keith Pittman and George Montgomery in their Willys, Don Garlits in `Swamp Rat 6B` v Tommy Ivo in the `Barnstormer` and Bob Keith in `Dos Palmos` running against Tony Nancy in the `Plymouth Wedge`. Thanks to everyone who helped with reference photographs and research material. I'm planning to add a fourth that will depict the factory experimentals of Ronnie Sox and Dave Strickler. I'll have a small print run produced of these paintings...if anyone is interested in any then give me a shout.

With the great news that `Rat Trap` and `Pure Hell` will be at Dragstalgia in July I am currently working on a painting depicting the two altereds running at the Pod...I'm hoping to take the finished painting along to the event to get it signed by the teams...roll on July !!
image.jpg
image.jpg (176.14 KiB) Viewed 6546 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (114.24 KiB) Viewed 6546 times
[*]Image
 #36575  by ukdrn

Great work as usual Paul 8)
I need to get a few prints from you at some point.