UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#5886  by ukdrn
 Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:50 pm
Great pictures Stormbringer,that's a great flame burnout shot of you with Stardust at what must be the November meet.
Here's a couple more Pro Stock burnouts..
Gary Goggin
Kevin Pilling
Pictures:Terry Ayres
 #8380  by ukdrn
 Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:42 pm
September 78 - Roz Prior and Swedens Eva Kjellin prepare to do battle, Roz wins the best of three 2-1 running 6.43 in the second race to Eva's 6.73.
18.jpg
A couple of the Blue Swede Manta.
6.jpg
5.jpg
A good looking Monza but some ID needed please.
7.jpg
 #8398  by Flying Phil
 Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:45 am
Some of the best burnouts I ever saw were done by the American rear engined fueller in 1973? Was it Tony Nancy?? With a lot of hype he came round for his first qualifier and laid down a Huge burnout. It started big and just got bigger! The crowd went silent then erupted. He did it again for a second qualifier and again prior to the first round of elimination - I seem to remember though he was given a cherry on the tree -for staging outside the twenty second limit??? and got out of the car well p....d off!!!
Was he on a world tour because he had a container for his car and spares - including lots of tyres and there was mention of coming from or going too, Japan?
 #8399  by harry
 Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:49 am
Hi I´m Harry from Finland. Car you lookin´ ID is Chevy Monza Pro Comp driven by Anders Lantz from Sweden at time was sponsored by company Finlandia Furniture.
cheers Harry
 #12832  by martyn b
 Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:44 pm
Just to prove you dont have to run TF or FC, heres Tony Anderson
Tony Anderson V6 Trouble.jpg

and heres a few others from the album
Hemi Hunter.jpg
stardust.jpg
scan0040.jpg
scan0039.jpg
scan0042.jpg
 #13850  by ukdrn
 Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:21 pm
Some more for the thread.
Bootsie in Gladiator
Liam Churchill
Roland Pratt
Dennis Priddle
Dennis Priddle
Clive Skilton
Pictures: Steve Hope
 #13857  by timetravel
 Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:41 am
ukdrn wrote:Some more for the thread.
Bootsie in Gladiator

Pictures: Steve Hope
That shot was probably taken at the Tor Line Final at the Pod in Oct '76. After John Anderson ran a 6.63 to take top spot in Funny Car qualifying it was discovered he had a beam cheating skirt fitted to the front which was copied by Priddle on his Avenger II before eliminations who then clocked a 6.49 :D
 #14075  by MotorPsycho
 Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:24 pm
I think he ran into the mid 6s with it, somewhere around 6.55 rings a bell making it the quickest '34 Ford in the world