UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#15290  by ukdrn

Here's a bunch of burnout action from the NDRC Championship at Blackbushe Sept 1973
Roland Pratt damaged the car on the top end lights and was out of competition.

Dennis won the event with a 7.47

John Andersson "Valkyrian'"dragster won best appearing car

Clive Skilton

Ed Shavers Top Comp rear-motored Vauxhall

Top Dragster win went to Ray Hoare 9.92 over Tony Anderson 11.79

Sweden's Gunne Back in the "More Frighten" Camaro won the final of Pro Stock over Mike Aitken who was driving the "Music Machine" Capri.

Pictures:Dave Buckland.
 #15347  by ukdrn

A couple of great shots from the barn.

Phil Elson "Sneaky T"

Mike Hutcherson "Houndog 5"
Pictures:Dave Buckland
 #15956  by ukdrn

Stripteaser from the barn.
 #16069  by muddytalker

Here's some from my collection of burnouts from the early eighties at Santa Pod.

Harlan Thompson burns rubber in Knut Soderquists 'American Grafitti' Dodge Omni.

Steiner Stolen with the ex Keeling & Clayton 'Californian Charger' renamed 'Spirit of Norway' Pontiac Trans Am.

Not sure about this one as the Pod's programme people never put numbers to Scandinavian entries. PC123 anyone? All we can tell is that's its a Plymouth Arrow methanol Funny Car.
 #16093  by timetravel

muddytalker wrote:Here's some from my collection of burnouts from the early eighties at Santa Pod.

Not sure about this one as the Pod's programme people never put numbers to Scandinavian entries. PC123 anyone? All we can tell is that's its a Plymouth Arrow methanol Funny Car.
that's John Grosland's Arrow with a later paint job 8)
img327.jpg
img327.jpg (85.65 KiB) Viewed 8159 times
 #16099  by muddytalker

Wasn't this an American import. I seem to recall I have seen photos of this on the Classic Funny Car board forum recently.
 #16101  by timetravel

muddytalker wrote:Wasn't this an American import. I seem to recall I have seen photos of this on the Classic Funny Car board forum recently.
yes it was, there was some pics on the H.A.M.B. of it and other cars with Seaport Automotive on the side. I think it was Ohio based but could be wrong :?