UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#36434  by plymoutharrow

timetravel wrote:..I prefer the back to basics look....
img675.jpg
Alan Sherwin's Lurch..
Never seen this early shot. Iam guessing this is an early version of sidewinder Nick?
 #36435  by timetravel

plymoutharrow wrote:
timetravel wrote:..I prefer the back to basics look....
The attachment img675.jpg is no longer available
Alan Sherwin's Lurch..
Never seen this early shot. Iam guessing this is an early version of sidewinder Nick?
yep sure was...
Brian Sparrow pics 1185.jpg
Brian Sparrow pics 1185.jpg (110.69 KiB) Viewed 8099 times
Brian Sparrow pics 1160.jpg
Brian Sparrow pics 1160.jpg (224.74 KiB) Viewed 8099 times
 #36476  by Old Boy Racer

One of the Gleadow Brothers earliest appearances (about 1968 I think - Gold Rush on the trailer behind) with Mangler before it morphed into Motor Physcho - next pic. Wild Thing at the bottom.

Robin
Pops.jpeg
Pops.jpeg (142.13 KiB) Viewed 8748 times
 #36478  by timetravel

Old Boy Racer wrote:One of the Gleadow Brothers earliest appearances (about 1968 I think - Gold Rush on the trailer behind) with Mangler before it morphed into Motor Physcho - next pic. Wild Thing at the bottom.

Robin
Pops.jpeg
great pics Robin, especially the top one, there's not many Mangler pics about... looks like the cut down Pop bodied Hushabye far left too
 #36479  by longtimeracer

Wow!so grateful for The Mangler picture as I'd lost mine! It was a 303 ci Olds, bored out 1/8" to 324 ci with a Carter 4 brl carb, reground cam and Jahns pistons. It got serious after this!
 #36483  by Old Boy Racer

Glad you like them. Here's a slightly higher res scan of Mangler by itself. Not brilliant quality but then again I think the camera was a Kodak Instamatic bought from Woolworth's in Letchworth for about £1 12s 6p :D

And that does look liked a chopped Pop or Anglia at the back in a glorious shade of undercoat. Been racking my brain to ID the white car as well. Martin Kent used to turn up with a white Gordon Keeble but I think this is too early for that and the window shape doesn't look quite right for a GK.

Robin
Mangler - HR.jpeg
Mangler - HR.jpeg (786.84 KiB) Viewed 8436 times
 #36484  by shabby1

Think the chopped Pop is 'Hushabye'-later it was 'Hushablue' with a chopped AC Petite body and a multi-coloured striped paintjob.
drag18 001.jpg
drag18 001.jpg (56.19 KiB) Viewed 8425 times
Chris.
 #36485  by timetravel

Old Boy Racer wrote:Glad you like them. Here's a slightly higher res scan of Mangler by itself. Not brilliant quality but then again I think the camera was a Kodak Instamatic bought from Woolworth's in Letchworth for about £1 12s 6p :D

And that does look liked a chopped Pop or Anglia at the back in a glorious shade of undercoat. Been racking my brain to ID the white car as well. Martin Kent used to turn up with a white Gordon Keeble but I think this is too early for that and the window shape doesn't look quite right for a GK.

Robin
The attachment Mangler - HR.jpeg is no longer available
Yes that is Martin Kent's Gordon Keeble, here's a shot taken by Brian Sparrow in '68 and Hushabye is next door too...
Brian Sparrow pics 1153.jpg
Brian Sparrow pics 1153.jpg (177.04 KiB) Viewed 8420 times
 #36487  by ukdrn

Loving those shots Robin, especially the Mangler.
Thanks for posting.