UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1635  by CRR

I've got tthe programme for the meeting complete with the Supplementary Programme that was issued for the Blackbushe October 4th meeting. This contained a list of entrants for that particular day. Does anybody know if there were any other Supplementary programmes issued for the other 5 race dates, particularly the previous days meeting at RAF kemble on the 3rd?

#1637  by timetravel

Does this answer your question CRR.......... Image Image

#1639  by CRR

Thanks for that timetravel. I would assume that the Supplementary programmes were only issued for the last two meetings on the third weekend of the tour due to a fair number of competitors dropping out from the original list in the main programme?

#1640  by timetravel

I thought all 6 meetings had supplementary programmes but I could be wrong. I've only got Kemble and the final Blackbushe meet so you could be right. Anybody else on here got any?

#1654  by JonC

Blimey, some great names on there. Is that Eamon Hurley, of later Wankel Rotary bike fame in the 'British and American motorcycles' section?

#1656  by Les-the-Pres

If you check the list of officials you'll see my dad as clerk of the course, I've got both parts of the Kemble progamme, also some correspondence from Gerry Belton regarding diferent things to be done, AND the entry forms of all the motorcycle racers, Signed.

#1746  by timetravel

JonC wrote:Blimey, some great names on there. Is that Eamon Hurley, of later Wankel Rotary bike fame in the 'British and American motorcycles' section?
Yes same guy Jon, also forum member John Bennett is on there with his Pontiac in the 2500-6000cc Saloon & GT Class

#1968  by muddytalker

Here's a copy of the original 'Evening Standard' preview written by Robert Walling and dated Saturday Sept 19th 1964. Obviously standard American pre-event photos have been used but I would say that the Ivo photo was taken at Riverside judging by the step banking in the background. I've got some more cuttings somewhere.

#1970  by timetravel

Love those news paper cuttings Muddy even if they do get some of the names wrong. Here's one from a year later....... Image

#1978  by muddytalker

Here’s another one TT. I think this ones from ‘The People’ newspaper. Sponsors of the entire six event Drag Festival programme with the Wynns Jammer of Garlits being the centre piece of the article. Now the only thing is I just wish I had page thirteen!