UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#21474  by timetravel

Does anyone know what the record is for a Drag Kart in the UK. The Penfold's Triumph Kart Patience ran 11s in the mid 70s which I think was the quickest at the time...
 #21577  by muddytalker

Simon Cooper's Drag Kart is the subject of a four page feature in the latest On-Line 'Drag Racing Confidential' magazine.
 #21578  by muddytalker

timetravel wrote:Does anyone know what the record is for a Drag Kart in the UK. The Penfold's Triumph Kart Patience ran 11s in the mid 70s which I think was the quickest at the time...
Not sure Nick but here's a shot of Ken's kart at Long Marston from my own collection. Ken was Mr Entertainment in those days both on and off the track.
JC320.jpg
JC320.jpg (329.24 KiB) Viewed 16698 times
 #21639  by torment

good point tog,.....i spoke to scott coopers earlier,he has indeed run a ten with his kart...... :shock:
 #21672  by kal

Ok, I finally got some cables sorted, and transferred an awesome audio soundtrack I recorded from 1973.
Crank the sound up and listen to the fastest drag kart ever.
Enjoy.
 #21785  by kal

I am pleased that after posting that soundtrack, I am now in touch with Jack McClure again.
He had been trying for some time to find a film of him running the rocket kart, and has really enjoyed reliving one of his past exploits with my soundtrack - which I also posted to Jon Lundberg.
Jack is hopeful that there may now be one piece of film about to surface, which would be great to see.
I will post a link if it does materialise.
 #22437  by muddytalker

That's a great story link Keith and a great soundbite with Jack and that crazy kart of his. Back to piston power and here's a shot of Brian Parkins entered in Junior Dragster at a wet NDRC meet.
scan0004.jpg
scan0004.jpg (1.01 MiB) Viewed 16990 times
 #22656  by muddytalker

On one of those rare moments drag kart 'Little By Little' is pushed up the strip by who?
scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg (252.04 KiB) Viewed 17047 times
 #22658  by jaytee

A knackered driver by the look of him