UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#1224  by Badger

Pretty sure Graham Simpson rolled that pop at the May 79 meet.
I remember there had been an accident before we arrived, it was a pop and I never saw the 'Pop Off' in action after that meeting.

I've nothing on the Hulk. They didn't do a programme every meeting .. 79 seems thin on the ground with them. Rarely year dated either.

Bet Nick will know!

#1228  by popdragin

Hey The flavel pop dragin car is now sat in my garage!!
Lovely to see that pic. Would the owner mind if i stole the pic?
Also do you or any 1 eles have any more?

Ben

#1237  by timetravel

Badger wrote:Pretty sure Graham Simpson rolled that pop at the May 79 meet.
I remember there had been an accident before we arrived, it was a pop and I never saw the 'Pop Off' in action after that meeting.

I've nothing on the Hulk. They didn't do a programme every meeting .. 79 seems thin on the ground with them. Rarely year dated either.

Bet Nick will know!
Image Well remembered Badger. Just found this in Drag + Custom News no2. If you read the text it says that Pop On crashed on it's first ever run so my pic must be a re-built version of the car with a name change to Pop Off. Also there's no flames on my pic. You're right about the Shockwave altered and I'm pretty sure Jeepers Creepers used the old Sneaky altered chassis, the one before Sneaky T. The Incredible Hulk was run by Robert Hughes

#1240  by timetravel

popdragin wrote:Hey The flavel pop dragin car is now sat in my garage!!
Lovely to see that pic. Would the owner mind if i stole the pic?
Also do you or any 1 eles have any more?

Ben
Yes you can steal the pic if you like and here's a couple more and an article from Drag + Custom News no5. The second pic was taken in 1980 when as the rear fender says the V6 was swapped for an Olds' All the York pics I've posted in this thread are from the Glyn Jones collection which I used along with his cine film on Time Travel 47 D.V.D. Image Image Image

#1241  by Badger

Yeah you're right TT they are two very different looking cars.
Driver's down as Geoff Simpson in the article copy, I'm sure it was Graham.
Pop Dragin was a car that seemed to continually evolve, every meeting a new look, paint, engine, wheels or something right up to the total change when the car appeared at the rained out May 88 meet as Fatal Attraction.

#1260  by popdragin

That is true, it had a finaly evoultion at the end of 1993 where it agained a shovel nose wich it retains today, i think it only ran 2 or 3 times in this paint/body!

Thanks very much for the pics. they have joined my ever growin colection!

ben

#1264  by dragamx

the stripper looks to be a reliant supervan :shock:
[/img]

#1268  by timetravel

That Jag/Reliant was running at Avon Park in the 90's. I took the pic below in '94 when it had a blown V12 Jag fitted and again in '97 with a V8 fitted. Not sure who was running it then. Anyone know if it's still about? Image Image

#1269  by cunningplan

Malcolm Frost brought it out as Firecracker with the Wild Bunch, it still had the blown V12 in it. then they fitted it with the Chevy motor. I think someone else ran it like this until it was tranformed into Luvverly Jubbly (Or something like that) and was last seen at York a couple of years ago.
I think Jerry would have more details.

#1280  by sid

tony, the chap who ran the car at york is the same person i bought my slingshot off.
the chaps name is Terry Meakins, i still see him and his son at the track,his grandson rides a junior bke.

sid.