UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#14972  by fester

Wow,,,,where do you get the pictures from ??do people send you them ,,if you want some more i have hundreds,,,,,,,dont mind if you say no :shock:
 #14974  by timetravel

fester wrote:Wow,,,,where do you get the pictures from ??do people send you them ,,if you want some more i have hundreds,,,,,,,dont mind if you say no :shock:
usually people scan their pics then email them to me. If you've got loads why not scan a few and post them on the forum, I'm sure we'd all love to see 'em :D
 #14976  by fester

Sorry ,but im afraid that when it comes to computers ,i am a philistine,,i have no idea whatsoever what scanning means,im just capable of what i believe is called ,,,surfin,,,,,,,,i did give a batch of photos to alan currans that barry george left here ,and he made good use of some of them,including some where t rat was being push started from inside the push vehicle,but i digress,,,,,,i have hundreds of candid ,,pit type shot all lose,,,i could put them in a bag and meet you at a meet or whatever,,,,,,as for posting them,yeh right.As ive said elsewhere on this site if i could post pictures this site would collapse i reckon.Stil anyway,the pictures you post are a great record and i think that a lot of people really appreciate these sites even if no one says as much................bill
 #14977  by timetravel

fester wrote:Sorry ,but im afraid that when it comes to computers ,i am a philistine,,i have no idea whatsoever what scanning means,im just capable of what i believe is called ,,,surfin,,,,,,,,i did give a batch of photos to alan currans that barry george left here ,and he made good use of some of them,including some where t rat was being push started from inside the push vehicle,but i digress,,,,,,i have hundreds of candid ,,pit type shot all lose,,,i could put them in a bag and meet you at a meet or whatever,,,,,,as for posting them,yeh right.As ive said elsewhere on this site if i could post pictures this site would collapse i reckon.Stil anyway,the pictures you post are a great record and i think that a lot of people really appreciate these sites even if no one says as much................bill
Maybe you can't scan pics but then I can't build a rip snortin' Nitro slingshot, funny car or altered :lol: we all have our part to play in this great hobby/sport of ours. I think bringing you pics to a meet is the answer, myself, Jon or Alan will happily take them off your hands and stick 'em on the net for all to see................
 #14978  by fester

Brilliant :D ill meet up wiyh you at a meet ,have to be next year,maybe easter,,,,,,,,thanks,,,,,,,bill
 #14980  by GNRCUSTOMS

There is some great pictures in there.

Im really getting into reading and looking at pictures of nostalgic drag racing recently and great to look at these of what was going on before i got into the sport.
 #14989  by ukdrn

Great update Nick, interesting to see a action picture of “The Blonde Bombshell”
 #17320  by timetravel

just added a few images to the 1958-1963 galleries
http://www.timetraveldvds.co.uk/page71.html
There's a load of ads for Specials which I got out of Car Mechanics some of the glass bodies were used in the 70's on Competition Altereds
I've now passed the 10,000 image mark :shock:
 #17355  by KeithS

As fantastic as ever... I remember Dudley Gahagan's ERA (1964 photos). He used to own a garage in Aldershot which I always dragged my mum into when we went shopping, just so I could look at the car. Happy (innocent) days. 8)