UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#13391  by jaytee

Just looked through some old DRNs and I'm sure that's Dave Branch also the twin engine bike is John Lloyds Freight Train from 78
 #13508  by ukdrn

Roz Prior
Baz Young and Mickey Moore's slingshot
Mickey Naylor
Mickey at Blackbushe
Pictures:Steve Hope
 #13607  by ukdrn

John Whitmore at HMS Daedalus
 #13609  by ukdrn

Roz Prior in Maneater.
This car later became Hemi Hunter 4 and is still around today (2009) making it the oldest complete rear engined TF dragster built in the UK around unless you know different?
 #13616  by hodders

There are some really evocative pictures in this thread. Takes me back to when I was a lad!
Attachments
blue_max_july_1979.jpg
blue_max_july_1979.jpg (186.87 KiB) Viewed 10465 times
1979_a.jpg
1979_a.jpg (244.67 KiB) Viewed 10462 times
 #13633  by jaytee

Did Roz+Dave Prior own Maneater or was it a Santa Pod car,looking through some 1981 DRNs there's a couple of shots of the car renamed Maiden Warrior with Tina Page and a shot of Norm Bristow in the car,what became of Ron Picardo's Highway Patrol car
 #13640  by stormbringer

jaytee wrote:Did Roz+Dave Prior own Maneater or was it a Santa Pod car,looking through some 1981 DRNs there's a couple of shots of the car renamed Maiden Warrior with Tina Page and a shot of Norm Bristow in the car,what became of Ron Picardo's Highway Patrol car
Originally both Maneater and Highway Patrol were Pod cars and of course,so was Asphalt Alleygator.
 #13689  by jaytee

timetravel wrote:
CRR wrote:
timetravel wrote:great pics Marty, the shot of Commuter shows it with extra streamlining in front of the driver which was done for it's record runs at Elvington
Are you sure of that TT? The photo looks as if it was taken in the early 1970's. As far as I am aware, Commuter was only at Elvington in 1967 where it made 5 runs on the standing quarter and 2 runs on the standing 500 metres. I was there to see Commuter and my own first ever 8 second pass.
Commuter went back to Elvington in 1970 and took the flying kilo record away from Bluebird with a two way average 207.6m.p.h. and that's when it had that streamlining fitted. I think Marty's pic is from 1970 probably the August championships going by the start line centre boards
Attachments
#c.jpg
#c.jpg (701.83 KiB) Viewed 10102 times
 #14181  by ukdrn

A couple of Scandinavian Vettes to identify if you can?
Pictures: Steve Hope
 #14182  by sjb

ukdrn wrote:John Whitmore at HMS Daedalus
thats close to the houses isant it :)