UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#32469  by GNRCUSTOMS

A couple of photos of my Mickey T Grand AM that i finally finished off before christmas.

The kit was built out of the box.

Wheels and valve covers & fuel tank were painted with Alclad Chrome to replace the horrid kit chrome plating.

Bodyshell was painted gloss black, followed by silver metal flake base, then candy apple red and several coats of clear lacquer.
A bit of playing with photoshop

Photos now resized
 #32515  by Limey

Gareth,
That is a fantastic clean build, and the paint is awesome!
Really suits the Grand Am body too.
I love the see-through shot - looks like the centrefold from one of those Drag Racing Pictorials of the early 70s....
Limey
 #33902  by FordCorsair

In my loft today and dug this out, thought it may be of interest to the modeling fraternity.

But it appers to have wound up being a spares box... Think I bought it to use the engine in something else.

Just a selection of previous kits I'd had, the 'Cuda Street machine (just off pic to the right) is still an unmolested (robbed) kit. One day I'll make the time to build it as per the instructions!

Click on the pics for a bigger version in my photobucket.

Dom
 #33905  by harefield99

had a surge of modelling lately, used a Fordson kit to do a John Baldacchino Hot n bothered, swopped out a jag irs and double wishbone front
 #33907  by crazyhorses

Wonder whether anyone ever made this?
Attachments
Allard Chrysler model drawings.jpg
Allard Chrysler model drawings.jpg (151.44 KiB) Viewed 12034 times
 #33913  by ukdrn

That would be cool Brian.
I love the work these guys do on these models, very talented.
 #34505  by harefield99

been doing a bit, renovated an old Revell 1/16th Prudhomme Wynnswinder fueller, using Chuck Boerner Dennis Priddle decals, and a modified AMT Omni body on a shortened Revell 1/24th chassis, finished with Quarter Mile Replicas Tom Akers The Wizard decals

#34563  by GNRCUSTOMS

Ive got a set of those decals from chuck to make this car, i will also be using the wynns winder car.

May i ask please what shade/name of red did you use for the car? I want to get mine as close to real thing as possible.