UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#38376  by Andy Burfitt

Here's a few taken in the pits at Pomona Finals 2015.
Attachments
altered.JPG
altered.JPG (876.99 KiB) Viewed 20425 times
pits 5.JPG
pits 5.JPG (882.03 KiB) Viewed 20425 times
pits motor.JPG
pits motor.JPG (915.71 KiB) Viewed 20425 times
pits 4.JPG
pits 4.JPG (826.35 KiB) Viewed 20425 times
pits 3.JPG
pits 3.JPG (832.1 KiB) Viewed 20425 times
pits 2.JPG
pits 2.JPG (868.67 KiB) Viewed 20425 times
pits 1.JPG
pits 1.JPG (857.85 KiB) Viewed 20425 times
slingshots.JPG
slingshots.JPG (856.63 KiB) Viewed 20425 times
 #38403  by ukdrn

Starlite 2 at Woodvale.
Twin fuel tanks?
Attachments
starliteat Woodvale Dragfest.JPG
starliteat Woodvale Dragfest.JPG (663.52 KiB) Viewed 20278 times
 #38405  by timetravel

ukdrn wrote:Starlite 2 at Woodvale.
Twin fuel tanks?
Interesting pic Jon, it's not Starlite 2 but is Nick Colbert's dragster, here's another shot and it looks like the front tank goes to the fuel pump and the rear tank goes into the side of the engine so may be some sort of breather?
img895.jpg
img895.jpg (157.48 KiB) Viewed 20190 times
 #38490  by niceonesquire

just been back through this thread a few pages and saw the mouse organ. i have the rear injection set up in my posesion , it came from ebay as a manifold and trumpets but ive managed to build it up again to something useful . its a very early jackson unit with those right angle injectors you see in the pic. now blocked off and new style ones fitted inboard
 #38499  by ahensman

ukdrn wrote:Dos Palmos, Gravely 1964
GRAV-01.jpg
GRAV-02.jpg
The story of this famous dragster that toured England back in the day is presently screening on American TV as part of the "Americana" series of programs hosted by former NASCAR crew chief Ray Evreham and airing on the "Velocity" channel.

Apparently, Ray located the old girl stored in a garage in Richmond, Virginia for the past 40 years or so. He acquired it then shipped it out to the original team members who rebuilt it to its former glory. It was paraded and fired up at a recent Bakersfield NHRA Nostalgia dragfest. Regretfully, Bob Keith (the original driver on tour) succumbed to cancer just a couple of weeks before the restoration was complete so he never got to realize his lifelong ambition of seeing it run again, but it was great to hear his story of how the car came into existence in the first place.

The program has a lot of footage and photos from back in the day together with interviews from American racers who toured back then. There"s footage of an early blue and yellow Houndog (with what appears to be a straight six) being pushed to the staging area along with film of most of the American cars and the Allard Chrysler running down what appears to be an airport runway, maybe Chelveston or Blackbushe?

There's an interview with TV Tommy Ivo reminiscing about the time he cleared the start line of spectators at Chelveston by blipping the throttle of his then previously heard nitro burning V8.

Its a great show, but I'm not sure if you guys in Blighty can get the Velocity channel. Please let me know if any of you have seen it. If you haven't, I have it recorded on my Tivo and will see if I can download it to this forum.

Andy
 #38500  by jaytee

I'd be interested in seeing it Andy if it's possible to download on to the forum
 #38502  by timetravel

would like to see that if possible
 #38505  by ahensman

Working on it however, this show is brand spanking new having premiered on US TV just a few days ago on March 24th so even my TIVO recording has a copy/download lock on it from Velocity channel.

It is posted under the "NEW" videos tab on Velocity.com but this also has a viewing lock on it for which you need a cable/satellite TV provider account to access it through. One of you over your side of the pond might have the ability to access it in the UK. Meanwhile I'll keep trying from my end.

Trust me, there's some awesome color footage of races taken at various English locations during those US tours.

Andy
 #38510  by ukdrn

ahensman wrote:Working on it however, this show is brand spanking new having premiered on US TV just a few days ago on March 24th so even my TIVO recording has a copy/download lock on it from Velocity channel.

It is posted under the "NEW" videos tab on Velocity.com but this also has a viewing lock on it for which you need a cable/satellite TV provider account to access it through. One of you over your side of the pond might have the ability to access it in the UK. Meanwhile I'll keep trying from my end.

Trust me, there's some awesome color footage of races taken at various English locations during those US tours.

Andy

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4227&start=8