UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#15240  by timetravel

fester wrote: 10 points for who can identify the roof in the first piccy with the racing stripes???im sure i dont recognise it?
my guess would be the Jag powered 100E "Southern Comfort" :?
 #15242  by fester

Wheres the bonnet ??at that angle i thought there would be a bonnet on view?
 #15246  by jaytee

timetravel wrote:
fester wrote: 10 points for who can identify the roof in the first piccy with the racing stripes???im sure i dont recognise it?
Could it be a Castrol sponsored car judging by the roof stripes,Robin Tallis?
 #15248  by ukdrn

timetravel wrote:
I thought the same Nick although the picture below dosen't confirm it
Attachments
SC.JPG
SC.JPG (62.59 KiB) Viewed 7722 times
 #15249  by timetravel

fester wrote:Wheres the bonnet ??at that angle i thought there would be a bonnet on view?
It sat quite high Bill, and didn't have any bodywork forward of the scuttle :o
 #15250  by timetravel

ukdrn wrote:
timetravel wrote:
I thought the same Nick although the picture below dosen't confirm it
we just need to find a pic of it showing the roof :?
 #15257  by Heven&HellDave

timetravel wrote:

This picture would have been taken about the same time, I can't detect any roof stripes on Southern comfort. Also, not sure about the roof profile being the same, having said that, I can't remember another car with a similar build.
Attachments
Vincents_0019.jpg
Vincents_0019.jpg (382.23 KiB) Viewed 7536 times
 #15262  by ukdrn

Bingo, another of your pictures Dave and we can just see the lines at the front of the car
 #15263  by timetravel

well done guys, the lower pic is from '73 and the top pic '74 which is when Junior Comp Alt was first run hence the different race numbers. I reckon Southern Comfort had Castrol sponsorship in '73 then lost it in '74 and they took the stripes and Castrol stickers off... 8)