UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#5569  by Badger

Nice pic!
Nobby and Ithink big Alec in front of Stardust, Owen just to the right of Nobby and Roy Phelps far right I think.

Phil is that the same frogeye you were running in the Rover Challenge years later?
 #5570  by Millevanille

Hi Phil, was this a match race? How many seconds start did they give you?
And just a thought, should you not have been looking the other way?!
 #5580  by Stormin Norm

Hi Phil.
I reckon you're looking round to see if the smoke canister has gone off!!
Give my regards to "Management"
Hope to see you at the strip this year

Norm.
 #5581  by Flying Phil

Badger wrote:Nice pic!
Nobby and Ithink big Alec in front of Stardust, Owen just to the right of Nobby and Roy Phelps far right I think.

Phil is that the same frogeye you were running in the Rover Challenge years later?
Well recognised on the Names! The front and rear fibreglass panels became the bodyshell of Muscle Sprout JCA4 (2.6 litre straight six Alfa Romeo engine) Then DCA4 (Rover V8 engine). That shell was dismantled and panels were indeed put onto a 1500 MG Midget chassis to become the Rover V8 - Street Rover "Super Sprite V8" - which I still have in the garage and will be on the road this year. As per Photo!
Attachments
VNR 448 Small.jpg
VNR 448 Small.jpg (154.26 KiB) Viewed 8256 times
 #5582  by Flying Phil

Stormin Norm wrote:Hi Phil.
I reckon you're looking round to see if the smoke canister has gone off!!
Give my regards to "Management"
Hope to see you at the strip this year

Norm.
Hi Norm
Nice to see that Tim and you have still got a sarcastic sense of humour!! and yes "management" and I are fine!
 #5592  by ukdrn

Here's your own car Phil taken in 84?
VT.jpg
VT.jpg (109.08 KiB) Viewed 9701 times
 #5635  by Flying Phil

Yes it is '84 as I ran with the wolfrace front wheels that year - then put the Frogeye body back on in 1985 as DCA 4 Muscle Sprout. It was then sold to Mr Kim Hart in May 85 as Vicious Trait.
best rgds
Flying Phil
 #6328  by Flying Phil

Badger wrote:Nice pic!

Hi again Badger
As nobody has named the other person it was Richard? Wolcek,the husband of Hazel, who drove the rapid Ford 1600 powered "Meanie Minor" in the street class.
 #8180  by amber gambler

timetravel wrote:
ukdrncouk wrote:
What a brilliant pic Jon showing some of the top Street and Modified cars of 1973. Starting from the left we have Al O'Conner's "Rocky II", Maurice Morley's 'Vette, the Rose brothers Plymouth Barracuda, Bob Oram's "Red E" E-Type Jag, John Ledster's "Mr 10%" Mustang, Pete Andrews "Maxines Toy" Corvette but what is the next car? Looks like a '55 or '56 Chevy but I can't think who that could be, anybody any ideas..... "Red E" by the way still runs at the Brighton Speed Trials

Would the Chevy be Tony Dicksons tow car for "Money Hungry"?

Re:

#8182  by muddytalker

ukdrn wrote:I know I have seen this Jag fire mentioned on one of the Time Travel films but can't remember the owners name?
That would be the year John Rotherham's push car caught fire in the staging lanes. John owned the 'Avanti' dragster (former Allard Dragon) now in the hands of Alan Smith. That's John third from the right with his race helmet on while his wife, Mafie looks on in utter disbelief. RAC Chief Scutineer Capt Tom Hales is to the left of the picture directing the marshals with extinguishers.