UKDRN

If you have some nostalgic pictures you would like to share then please post them here

Moderators: timetravel, ukdrn

#2590  by Stormin Norm

This may be the promotional van built by Ford.It had a spaceframe
chassis with circuit racing suspension wheels and tyres. It was fitted
with a F1 cosworth DFV and hewland transaxle with the Transit body
on the top.you can see RS 1600 wheelarches and stripes. I seem to
remember it ran demo's at silverstone and was very rapid!! somehow
I missed seeing it at the Pod. What times did it run??
Norm.

#2591  by ukdrn

Here's a picture of the van in action at the pod, I don't have any details about times though.
Image:Cliff Watts

#2825  by jaytee

Pat Cuss Snetterton
Dennis Priddle Snetterton or Blackbushe
 #5412  by ukdrn

A few more fire up road pics.
John Whitmore's Drag n Fly
Jim Read but who can name the cars in the background?
The very tidy Emerson Rowat Smith rail but anyone know who's driving Revolution 3 in the background?
 #5416  by rainmaker

Re the jag with an enginebay fire - Owner was John Rotherham(ran the Allard 1500cc Ford dragster) and that's his wife in the right of the picture looking on,and,if I know her,telling those with the fire extinguishers how to do the job!! Formidable lady!

Re:

#5417  by sjb

ukdrn wrote:Here's a picture of the van in action at the pod, I don't have any details about times though.
Image:Cliff Watts
you can now get a die-cast model of the "supervan",its about the size of the old Matchbox Kingsize. See it recently at a toy fair,its made by a company called Spark.
 #5419  by timetravel

ukdrn wrote:A few more fire up road pics.
John Whitmore's Drag n Fly
Jim Read but who can name the cars in the background?
The very tidy Emerson Rowat Smith rail but anyone know who's driving Revolution 3 in the background?
Great pics Jon, all taken at an NDRC meet in '76 I reckon. That must be Trevor Young in Rev III after Clive borrowed it for the "Garlits" Springnats. I dunno about the green car but the red racing car behind Drag-n-Fly is Maurie Thomas's Lotus which he ran in Junior Dragster and the orange sports car behind Jim Read's Le Patron is Bonnie Lambert's 1298cc Ford powered Delta Orange, the Cortina and Capri behind are probably not race cars but part of the Custom Car show which was always a feature at NDRC events
 #5439  by ukdrn

Thanks Nick.
 #5565  by ukdrn

Jumping on a few years and a few big runners waiting to run at Avon Park.
Jens Nybo
Pelle Lindelow
Micke Kagerad and Rob Turner
Andy Carter.
Pictures:Brad Beechem
 #5568  by Flying Phil

I have been sorting through some old photographs and came across this (From Roger Gorringe). Yes I know it's me in the car , but who can identify the other people present? Some are easy, but others??
Happy New Year to all present and past Drag Racers.
Flying Phil
Attachments
JM 26 Muscle Sprout (Very Small).jpg
JM 26 Muscle Sprout (Very Small).jpg (141.35 KiB) Viewed 8477 times